Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Crediting Avios-upgrade BA flight to QRPC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I searched the forum but couldn't find anyone who has done this before.

If I get a BA flight and upgrade the flight with Avios, can I still credit the flight to QRPC with the original underlying booking class? I am worried that the upgraded BA flight will carry an award booking class, which might cause problems when crediting the flight to QRPC.

Has anyone done this before? I checked the BA forum and I think people have done the reverse before (crediting a Qmiles upgraded QR flight to BAEC)

Many thanks for the help!
Old May 18, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, HH Diamond, Melia Gold, Accor Silver, Amex Plat AT
Originally Posted by bobiguous
Hi all,

I searched the forum but couldn't find anyone who has done this before.

If I get a BA flight and upgrade the flight with Avios, can I still credit the flight to QRPC with the original underlying booking class? I am worried that the upgraded BA flight will carry an award booking class, which might cause problems when crediting the flight to QRPC.

Has anyone done this before? I checked the BA forum and I think people have done the reverse before (crediting a Qmiles upgraded QR flight to BAEC)

Many thanks for the help!
Hallo

I came across your posing, as I am in a similar situation (got an operational upgrade to business class by BA - which one exactly dont know as the boarding pass shows no booking class) - how did it play out for you ?

kind regards
Stefan
Old May 22, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trader_81
Hallo

I came across your posing, as I am in a similar situation (got an operational upgrade to business class by BA - which one exactly dont know as the boarding pass shows no booking class) - how did it play out for you ?

kind regards
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

I haven’t done it yet. I wanted to confirm they can credit it before I book the ticket and request for the upgrade.

In your case, since you have already got the opup, it doesn’t really matter. You can wait and see if the flight gets credited (assuming you put down your QRPC membership number on your BA booking). I would think it should be credited with the original booking class (even though there is a small chance that you might get the miles for the upgraded class). If it doesn’t get credited within 2 weeks or so you should probably send QRPC an email and ask them to manually credit it (I don’t think they will refuse to credit it since it’s an opup).

Nonethless, I urge you to rethink if you want to credit it to QRPC or BAEC given the recent enhancement released yesterday (check out the ‘More enhancement’ thread). Maybe crediting it to BAEC is a more benefitical option (but beware BAEC might change to revenue based soon)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.