Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

My partner using his QMiles to make an Award Booking for me: NO LONGER POSSIBLE??!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My partner using his QMiles to make an Award Booking for me: NO LONGER POSSIBLE??!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)

Friends: Namaste from Nepal !!

I don't have enough QMiles to purchase an Award ticket..

Used to call the QR office in Kathmandu to use my QMiles for my partner - and vice versa.
They would send us an authorization form to do so, and it would be done swiftly.

I called today, and they told me this can now only be done on line, because that facility has been blocked in the reservation office.

We tried and it is impossible to do on-line, as well.
Getting the message "Main member is required to be one of the passengers on this Award booking."

Moreover, only his name is available for the booking, and it is impossible to change to any other name

Help please!
What to do?

r

Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
That message only comes up if you are trying to purchase a flexi award ticket at X2 miles.

If there is normal availability you shouldn't receive that message and should be able to process the booking under his name.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Thank you so much. You mean him using his QMiles "Under my name," right?
r
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I got this message today trying to book JNB-ORD for a family member. Yes, it would have been at 2x. So I'm enhanced to spend double the miles with greater restrictions - Thanks QR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.