Community
Wiki Posts
Search

impossible to upgrade via Q Credits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by a9504477
I've now tried several times (and on different browsers) but each time i try to apply for an upgrade using my qcredits nothing happens after i press the "Redeem for upgrade" button. That is briefly a "processing the request" box comes up but then nothing afterwards. I suppose that's not how it should be?
Maybe it´s exactly as QR did plan it ;-) I would not be surprised at all, at the moment
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by a9504477
I've now tried several times (and on different browsers) but each time i try to apply for an upgrade using my qcredits nothing happens after i press the "Redeem for upgrade" button. That is briefly a "processing the request" box comes up but then nothing afterwards. I suppose that's not how it should be?
I think it does work, although it appears not to. Check the recent activity box and it should show “redeem for an upgrade 0”. You then have to wait for the almost inevitable “we regret.....”.

Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Qatar
Currently sitting in AM lounge having upgraded from J to F at the transfer desk. There was a bit of faff, told to come back later, called back to the desk then new boarding passes handed over.

I suspect asking at the desk in AM would be easier.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Anybody else is having a problem to cancel a award ticket online ? Tried 3 different browsers and only got the white screen.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by BobBHX

I think it does work, although it appears not to. Check the recent activity box and it should show “redeem for an upgrade 0”.
No, it's not showing this for me either.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
QR has implemented a silent devaluation of Qmiles/Qcredits by making it impossible for us to upgrade in advance. In my case where I would have been able to upgrade 2 legs for 35 Qcredits in advance, one leg at the airport is 30 Qcredits.

I think it is because they are in need of revenue that they are trying to force paid upgrades, in advance or at the airport. I really do sympathize with them as I know the blockade must be hurting a lot but they are effectively pushing away loyal customers.
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
QR has implemented a silent devaluation of Qmiles/Qcredits by making it impossible for us to upgrade in advance. In my case where I would have been able to upgrade 2 legs for 35 Qcredits in advance, one leg at the airport is 30 Qcredits.

I think it is because they are in need of revenue that they are trying to force paid upgrades, in advance or at the airport. I really do sympathize with them as I know the blockade must be hurting a lot but they are effectively pushing away loyal customers.
Yes, it can be seen like that.
If the management of QR would be brave enough and state it in that way (that the blockde forces them to do so), I even would consider to shoulder the burden partly and keep from complaining. But as usual, those kind of managers try to sell it as "innovative approach" or "enhancement", what offends every normal thinking person - so I keep complaining....
synd likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 18, 2018 at 4:27 am
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Yes, it can be seen like that.
If the management of QR woulf be brave enough and state it in that way (that the blockde forces them to do so), I even would consider to shoulder the burden partly and keep from complaining. But as usual, those kind of managers try to sell it as "innovative approach" or "enhancement", what offends every normal thinking person - so I keep complaining....
Exactly, taking a leaf out of the BA PR team’s book unfortunately! Both the move online and reduction in Qmiles availability are clearly silent cost cutting measures given the financial pressure on QR from the blockade - wish they’d just be honest about it and people would be far more accepting.
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: British Airways
Hi guys,I'm planing on upgrading myself later this year using Qcredits. Not bought yet, just theoretical question. If the Qatar site is showing standard business class availability, is it safe to buy the economy flights in terms of later upgrade ?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by sluneckov
Hi guys,I'm planing on upgrading myself later this year using Qcredits. Not bought yet, just theoretical question. If the Qatar site is showing standard business class availability, is it safe to buy the economy flights in terms of later upgrade ?
Can't even get the website to show any availabilty these days it just always errors out and says there no results for the outbound.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Can't even get the website to show any availabilty these days it just always errors out and says there no results for the outbound.
I was looking for OTP-DOH-LAX ending up with error message, when searching OTP-DOH and DOH-LAX it shows available flights

Last edited by sluneckov; Mar 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
No its not safe anymore due to recent Qatar Airways so called "enhanced passager .experience" which forbids you to confirm the upgrade on the phone immediately .
You ll have to purchase the Y ticket, then apply for an upgrade using Qcredits through the website, which means 4 days processing time during which the upgrade availability could disappear...
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:15 pm

I was looking for OTP-DOH-LAX ending up with error message, when searching OTP-DOH and DOH-LAX it shows available flights
Interesting you have to break up the flights to show availability which makes sense in theory but I did just a JFK-DOH flight and got that error message.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
I can share in this frustration with everyone. Trying to upgrade from J to F with Qmiles on flights this month. Both flights have at least 6 open seats. One flight has all 8 seats open. However when I try to upgrade online, it says that the flights are not available for upgrade.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:26 pm

I, again, did try the "enhanced" experience of online request for upgrade Business to First for my flight from BKK to DOH in about a week. Even only 1 (!!) seat is occupied till now (and that since weeks), no upgrade availability is shown.....disgusting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.