Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Crisu69
I do like this in BKK all the time. I arrive already with one ticket in and out. Immigration dont care i fly business or economy.
i think you missunderstand something. I first book cash economy, sometimes business ticket EU-BKK-EU
After booking that i upgrade some legs or complete flight to biz or first.Why should this be a problem for immigration in BKK? I have 1 ticket for in and out of TH when i enter TH.
i even never have been asked to show ticket at immigration in bkk and i not have a special kind of visa. Just EU passport and i fly from EU-BKK ~5 times per year.
Sorry I was referring to the post earlier by galaxy Chris I think where he says he buys award tickets sector by sector so seperate tickets x 4 hence my question about immigration
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by spec119
I once concidered this and was told not allowed because don't you have to clear immigration etc?

I use often BKK as base in Asia, if you have another ticket you can just transit from your plane to the other plane. You clear immigration only if you want to enter the country of for Domestic flights. Immigration can ask about how much money you have or flight ticket for leaving Thailand but It never happened to me (as European citizen few chance it happens to you too).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
I use often BKK as base in Asia, if you have another ticket you can just transit from your plane to the other plane. You clear immigration only if you want to enter the country of for Domestic flights. Immigration can ask about how much money you have or flight ticket for leaving Thailand but It never happened to me (as European citizen few chance it happens to you too).
yes but just say for example you purchase LHR DOH and seperate DOH BKK you will surely have 2 pnr so I'm guessing you would have to claim baggage and check in landside for DOH BKK
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:44 am

yes but just say for example you purchase LHR DOH and seperate DOH BKK you will surely have 2 pnr so I'm guessing you would have to claim baggage and check in landside for DOH BKK
You just ask them at LHR to check your bag through to the second flight, they are happy to do that, as they would be onto a second ticket on another oneworld airline. In the BKK example even with different tix on different airlines that won't interline, you may have to collect and recheck, but that's not an issue for immigration (provided your passport allows access to the country). You may also be able to check in for the onward flight at the airside transit desk and avoid immigration. This isn't a problem if hand luggage only (I did it recently on DXB -MCT-DOH), and there are many reports from various airports of being able to get the transit desk to retag your checked in bag without going landside, although I haven't tried this myself and would personally want to allow longer for that than collecting and rechecking.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Maybe we should draft a letter to QRPC about the availability? The point we want to make is while other program out there are similar in nature, they do not have X2 availability for an entire year. If earning double miles is now the normal thing at Qatar during promo, doesn't mean the redemption for the whole year should be X2.
tropikey and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I don't know if this has something to do with the unavailability of awards between DOH and LHR but for my upcoming flight from JNB (QR1364) to LHR (QR009), the flights with QR flight numbers show very limited availability where the exact same flight with the BA codeshare flight number BA7009 has plenty availability in all fare brackets.

The BA codeshare flights also doesn't show when searching with "Book using miles.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kl1987
I don't know if this has something to do with the unavailability of awards between DOH and LHR but for my upcoming flight from JNB (QR1364) to LHR (QR009), the flights with QR flight numbers show very limited availability where the exact same flight with the BA codeshare flight number BA7009 has plenty availability in all fare brackets. ... The BA codeshare flights also doesn't show when searching with "Book using miles.
How did you get the QR system to display BA codeshare availability?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
It shows when making a normal booking. Results first show flights with QR flight numbers and then the exact flights with the BA codeshare flight numbers.

I just checked a few dummy bookings and looks like it only shows the BA codeshare for flights not originating at LHR. BKK - LHR and JNB - LHR both show them.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:31 am

QR and BA have just extended their joint business agreement, which might explain BA flights showing up in the booking engine. Perhaps availability might settle down once the IT changes work through?

BA extends joint business agreement with Qatar Airways to 14 more cities
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:02 pm

Now that LGW is bookable, I can see a fair bit of award availability.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Some
So all the F award availability I could previously see to CAN and PER now also appears to have disappeared, meaning I can't find a single long haul F seat redemption anymore. Is this just an IT glitch on my QPRC account or have QR removed all long haul F redemption availability ....
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Nope all the F avaibility is gone....
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by synd
Nope all the F avaibility is gone....
Just when you thought QR couldn't make QPRC any less attractive!
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:13 am

Would the experts here think I've got a reasonable chance of a redemption upgrade Y to J QR 831 on 12th March at check-in
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Would the experts here think I've got a reasonable chance of a redemption upgrade Y to J QR 831 on 12th March at check-in
Yes, get to the airport nice and early though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.