===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I was in the lounge last month, it is fantastic. The staff is very attentive and friendly, the food was very good. This has to be one of my favorite lounges.
afmiami and quinzinho like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'm going to guess that the bare midriff is what really got them, more than the thin straps up top.
Thats an proper answer, thank you 😊
I would not value that as improper as we do have the year 2019 and that’s common fashion and absolutely not offensive, just my opinion ...
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Believe that was pretty clearly described. And picked up by the staff as well apparently.
We do live in 2019 and that’s common fashion, but people are thinking different, as you do obviously
Grace B and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveller999

Thats an proper answer, thank you 😊
I would not value that as improper as we do have the year 2019 and that’s common fashion and absolutely not offensive, just my opinion ...
Muslim airline (& lounge) with enough Muslim customers that will not be shy of complaining if they see an item of clothing that offends them. Just another hassle the staff would be happy to live without I suspect.

Their lounge, their rules...
​​​
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by impeymac
Muslim airline (& lounge) with enough Muslim customers that will not be shy of complaining if they see an item of clothing that offends them. Just another hassle the staff would be happy to live without I suspect.

Their lounge, their rules...
​​​
Yes I agree, their lounge, their rules....but ;-)
- QR is an airline from a Muslim country which wants to attract itself to a majority of guests from non Muslim countries, at least the majority of passengers is from non Muslim countries, I guess (I do not know it, but that’s my impression of flying with them every two weeks since 5 years).
- A fashionable look is valued as improper, but Alcohol is fine ... don’t get me wrong, I just want to point out the inconsistency of the “rules”
- Rules are a nice thing if you know about, so “advising” the high valued customer at time of booking about such rules would be a great thing. For example, if you book a VIP / Fast track arrival service on the BKK airport, you’ll get a mail with such rules.
- In general I am against any kind of censorship, discrimination or what ever is similar, that’s my spleen ;-) ... if somebody doesn’t like what he / she sees, he / she just shouldn’t look at

I am not serious in it, I am just in mood for discussions ;-)
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveller999

Yes I agree, their lounge, their rules....but ;-)
- QR is an airline from a Muslim country which wants to attract itself to a majority of guests from non Muslim countries, at least the majority of passengers is from non Muslim countries, I guess (I do not know it, but that’s my impression of flying with them every two weeks since 5 years).
- A fashionable look is valued as improper, but Alcohol is fine ... don’t get me wrong, I just want to point out the inconsistency of the “rules”
- Rules are a nice thing if you know about, so “advising” the high valued customer at time of booking about such rules would be a great thing. For example, if you book a VIP / Fast track arrival service on the BKK airport, you’ll get a mail with such rules.
- In general I am against any kind of censorship, discrimination or what ever is similar, that’s my spleen ;-) ... if somebody doesn’t like what he / she sees, he / she just shouldn’t look at

I am not serious in it, I am just in mood for discussions ;-)
^
All reasonable points, no arguments from me.

However, if you've worked in Qatar or flown with QR for long enough, you'll understand the line between western & Qatari standards is flexible at the best of times. Sometimes western examples are embraced/tolerated (e.g. alcohol), sometimes they aren't (e.g. dress code). As visitors to the country or passengers on the airline our opinions can be equally valuable or worthless, it just depends.

The decision to shrug your shoulders or argue is obviously up to you, but they decide the rules & where & when they apply, not us. The majority of pax being western, along with their ideas of moral standards, will probably have little effect.

Their rules don't bother me personally as I prefer understated dress & discretion in airports & airplanes as a sign of respect to my hosts. YMMV.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by impeymac
^
All reasonable points, no arguments from me.

However, if you've worked in Qatar or flown with QR for long enough, you'll understand the line between western & Qatari standards is flexible at the best of times. Sometimes western examples are embraced/tolerated (e.g. alcohol), sometimes they aren't (e.g. dress code). As visitors to the country or passengers on the airline our opinions can be equally valuable or worthless, it just depends.

The decision to shrug your shoulders or argue is obviously up to you, but they decide the rules & where & when they apply, not us. The majority of pax being western, along with their ideas of moral standards, will probably have little effect.

Their rules don't bother me personally as I prefer understated dress & discretion in airports & airplanes as a sign of respect to my hosts. YMMV.
Well said!
Don’t worry, I’ll not gonna show my shoulders ;-)
Exactly that is the reason why I’m discussing, the as you call it “they decide the rules and when to apply it” attitude.
I as a customer, only do have the only opportunity to express my opinion here and once a while arguing with ground personnel (I all the time point out that I speak against the company rules / decision and not against the individual) - that’s the sad truth. You book a flight, they take your money well advance of delivering the service,, and then they “decide about the rules and when to apply”.
But however, I’ll not change the world (as my wife uses to say), yes, but I am a voice, which is not heard most probably, but who knows ;-)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The BKK Lounge is scheduled for 7 days maintenance over the next week.

I'm not sure whether the works will be done while the lounge is open, but my guess is that they will close it for the week long refurb.

M
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The BKK Lounge is scheduled for 7 days maintenance over the next week.

I'm not sure whether the works will be done while the lounge is open, but my guess is that they will close it for the week long refurb.

M
This makes me a little bit sad. I had been quite impressed by the lounge back in April and was looking forward to seeing what was on offer to eat for morning departures.

Looks like they are using the Miracle lounge on D, according to the app. As a BAEC silver travelling QR in J I should be able to use the Cathay Pacific lounge?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
As a BAEC silver travelling QR in J I should be able to use the Cathay Pacific lounge?
Yes

If you are travelling in J on QR you can use any OneWorld operated lounge, so you can use the CX lounge in BKK.

Your status is not required, although if you were in Y you could then use the CX lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by plunet
Yes

If you are travelling in J on QR you can use any OneWorld operated lounge, so you can use the CX lounge in BKK.

Your status is not required, although if you were in Y you could then use the CX lounge.
Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:19 am

Bear in mind that the CX lounge closes around 18:30, so not an option for the later departures, but JL is open until midnight.

Edit: See info from railways below.

Last edited by DH188; Jul 11, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by DH188
Bear in mind that the CX lounge closes around 18:30, so not an option for the later departures, but JL is open until midnight.
I think this may have changed again recently. I left the CX lounge at 18:15 (about two weeks ago) to try the JAL lounge and the absolutely dire Miracle lounge. Before boarding my DOH flight, I passed by the CX lounge again and saw a paper notice stuck on the door saying: "Open until 00:30".

Just checked the CX website, and it now states that the lounge is open from 04:00 until 00:30 daily.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I can confirm that the lounge is now open again. And the Bolly is well chilled
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by crazyanglaisy; Jul 18, 2019 at 5:25 am Reason: New info
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I can confirm that the lounge is now open again. And the Bolly is well chilled
Any positive changes/upgrades (aside from the nicely chilled bubbles)? Or was this shutdown just for routine maintenance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.