Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by plunet
Yep, I can confirm that access will work if you have a J boarding pass for another OW carrier. Was the only customer in the lounge around 6am local time this morning (1st Jan) for about an hour, and it was blissfully quiet. Was flying J on CX and although our boarding oasses had to be photocopied there was no issue getting access.
Better than the CX lounge?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sxc

Better than the CX lounge?
Well, based upon the fact that it was my first visit to the QR lounge since it opened I would describe it as good, and different to the CX lounge. The only other QR lounges I have done are at DOH, I've not done CDG or LHR.

Being the only customer there for about an hour its main feature was that it was blissfully quiet. Having been in the mêle of New Year's Eve in Bangkok for a few hours, the peace and quiet was a bonus. The CX lounge was it's fairly normal self and whilst it wasn't loud it had people in it and those annoying buzzers to tell you when your food order is ready.

In typical QR style it's quite formal and hygienic in the catering area, yet the soft seating area was less formal and soft enough to relax.

So was it better than CX. No, but it wasn't any worse, just different. I like Asian food so I started at CX, but I did enjoy the hour I had with QR.

I naughtily snapped a couple of pics as it was empty and no one was going to be in the way (yes, I am aware of the rules)

Space you enter into from the lobby

Food and drinks buffet

Soft seating

But why do they put the power outlets into a cage under the tables so you can't get to them?

Space opposite soft drinks fridges next to soft seating

Interestingly, some of the cans of drink in the fridge were still world cup themed but in date until May 19.

These RUS world cup cokes must now be getting quite rare
​​

I didn't take a pic of the end room beyond the buffet area but I did go to the bogs

Basin and throne.

Basin and storage unit. Rituals handwash.

I didn't ask about the showers.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I was there a couple of weeks ago. It's styled similarly to the LHR and CDG lounges; but the food isn't in the same league.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I was in the lounge last month when traveling on QR J, and I found it many times better than BKK CX lounge. In my opinion (but yes this is personal), it's by far the best OW lounge in BKK.
Quiet, some nice food options but not extensive except for desserts (ice cream was fantastic), good drinks selection. I love it.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: Some
Well, I have to say, QR continues to confound expectations and makes no sense.

First time in this lounge for about six months and contrary to the general trend of lounges opening with a bang and then gradually being cut, this one appears to be getting better with time. Service is better than ever (possibly due to lower premium loads as it isn’t getting as full as I remember it being), the hot food quality is much improved and the champagne has even been upgraded to Bollinger! It continues to be the case that any nominally Arabic food should be avoided, however - the hummus is still the same texture as cement and the less said about the ‘baklava’ the better.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum
Just a quick update
Qatar has extended the operating hours in Bkk lounge.
The new closing time is 13:30-16:30.
Now im enjoying my 9:30am morning meal in Qatar lounge with MH boarding pass.
So dont miss the chance to visit it.
Abyssin and plunet like this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Good to hear it’s still open. The oneworld website seems to have removed all reference to the lounge now which rather surprised me.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by xvirginx
Good to hear it’s still open. The oneworld website seems to have removed all reference to the lounge now which rather surprised me.
I think it is more the case that ithe OW lounge database hasn' been updated to include the BKK QR lounge yet...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Well, I have to say, QR continues to confound expectations and makes no sense.

First time in this lounge for about six months and contrary to the general trend of lounges opening with a bang and then gradually being cut, this one appears to be getting better with time. Service is better than ever (possibly due to lower premium loads as it isn’t getting as full as I remember it being), the hot food quality is much improved and the champagne has even been upgraded to Bollinger!.
I am inside too right now and the only guest for the 14.10 QR839 flight.

Could choose every place for eating and the Bolinger Champagner is really fine.

Well i have been many times in the Cathay lounge in bkk and like it but would prefer QR lounge if you can choose.

For me the food is equal, the champage much better and its much more quiet. You have the free choice of all available seatings.

In Doha i will buy Al Sawfa access. Will have a 13h layover. I hope, they let me in.

Did not try it for the inbound flight since is was only 4h.

Last edited by Crisu69; Jan 29, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Al Sawfa limited to 6h buy in. Not intetesting if have a 13h layover. I go to oryx rotana hotel after dinner im AM.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by Crisu69
I am inside too right now and the only guest for the 14.10 QR839 flight.

Could choose every place for eating and the Bolinger Champagner is really fine.

Well i have been many times in the Cathay lounge in bkk and like it but would prefer QR lounge if you can choose.

For me the food is equal, the champage much better and its much more quiet. You have the free choice of all available seatings.

In Doha i will buy Al Sawfa access. Will have a 13h layover. I hope, they let me in.

Did not try it for the inbound flight since is was only 4h.

Sounds like improvements all round but light premium loads and lack of usage I suspect is not so good. I wonder if they will start selling ( limited) paid access to boost revenue .
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Quick question....am in the lounge for the 0935 departure. Had a hectic week with work and now have a long day of Qsuites.

is the alcohol available for breakfast? Fancy a bollinger laden breakfast.

(On a side note, the buffet is rubbish.....not sure
if it’s language barrier but there is
no a la carte menu options as would be in the London or Paris version)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Maybe to late now, but YES, Bollinger available for breakfast.... (Loved it, needed it)
Btw. amazing they have WAY better champagne than in the air. The "white" champagne during the flight is vile.
For breakfast last time they had "a la carte": eggs in any form and such things made to order.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:37 am

The BKK lounge is fantastic. Limited but great hot meal options. Cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, liquor and extensive dessert. An excellent lounge.
Howard Long likes this.

Last edited by hmflyer; Mar 14, 2019 at 2:36 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by hmflyer
The BKK lounge is fantastic. Limited but great hot meal options. Cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, liquor and extensive desert. An excellent lounge.
I agree. I think some thought that it would be like the LHR and CDG lounge and offer an a la carte menu. I am always happy with the food offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.