===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:18 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Howard Long

Try telling that to a Guinness drinker!

Al Safwa bartender shows how to properly make an Espresso martini.

Al Safwa Espresso Martini
Couldn't agree more - details matter ^
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Howard Long
... the Espresso martini lacked a frothy head. They don't use a recipe sheet so clearly they've done it before, but I suspect this bar tender didn't know what it's meant to look like.

Espresso martini, tasted OK, but where's the froth?
Originally Posted by NoY
Couldn't agree more - details matter ^
I suggest that if the primary source of your enjoyment of the cocktail is based on appearance, you have a legitimate complaint. If, however, the primary source of enjoyment of the cocktail is based on taste, not so much. Just my 2¢.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Not a cocktail expert, but I could imagine that the frost DOES make a difference..starting from the feeling on your lips when you sip it to the taste. Doesnt a good cognac require a special temperature being warmed in your palm? And dont different wines require their special temperature as well? So why not this drink? Anyways: I will do a reality check in the lounge next month
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:37 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I suggest that if the primary source of your enjoyment of the cocktail is based on appearance, you have a legitimate complaint. If, however, the primary source of enjoyment of the cocktail is based on taste, not so much. Just my 2¢.
Nobody has suggested enjoyment is based soley upon appearance - its just one factor - sigh
Old May 8, 2019, 3:23 am

I was in in Qatar lounge in bkk Monday and shower's was closed for maintenance
Old May 8, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Ijones027
I was in in Qatar lounge in bkk Monday and shower's was closed for maintenance
Hope the maintenance is not related to the last time. Showers were closed for considerable time and I understand somebody was seriously injured.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:44 am

When were you there? How did someone get seriously injured in the shower?
Old May 8, 2019, 9:52 am

There was an incident about 4-5 days after the lounge first opened. Showers remained closed for most of last year. Details in a thread entitled "Accident in the BKK lounge".
Old May 8, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ijones027
When were you there? How did someone get seriously injured in the shower?
IIRC one of the heavy glass shower doors shattered.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:39 am

In the BKK lounge now. Showers are currently up and running again. Interestingly, due to Ramadan, I was informed upon entering by the staff, that until sundown, drinks and food could only be consumed in the dinning area of the lounge. That restriction left the dinning area somewhat crowded while the rest of the lounge was completely empty.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by freakfor747
In the BKK lounge now. Showers are currently up and running again. Interestingly, due to Ramadan, I was informed upon entering by the staff, that until sundown, drinks and food could only be consumed in the dinning area of the lounge. That restriction left the dinning area somewhat crowded while the rest of the lounge was completely empty.
I remember that during Ramadan they did not serve alcohol at all at Al Mourjan...Same here ?
Old May 9, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by flyalways
I remember that during Ramadan they did not serve alcohol at all at Al Mourjan...Same here ?
Alcohol is severed at all times at the bkk lounge. However, during daylight QR only allows you to consume alcohol (and food) in the dinning area of the bkk lounge. After sundown (10 min after I entered the lounge), you can consume both alcohol and food anywhere in the lounge at bkk.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by freakfor747
when I was in the lounge yesterday around 18-1900, it was rammed, there was literally one guy standing to eat

I excused myself to the relative tranquility of the AF lounge
Old May 12, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Crisu69
In Doha i will buy Al Sawfa access. Will have a 13h layover. I hope, they let me in.
how did Al Sawfa access for 13 hours go? i have 11 hours Doh layover in biz coming up this week.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crisu69
In Doha i will buy Al Sawfa access. Will have a 13h layover. I hope, they let me in.
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
how did Al Sawfa access for 13 hours go? i have 11 hours Doh layover in biz coming up this week.
If you're purchasing access, the rule is that you have access for six hours only. However, I have heard that enforcement of this rule is uneven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.