===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by kl1987
What was your flight number? According to QR and QR Cargo website from 06 Aug onwards there is still 3 daily flights, with 2 out of 3 being A380's.
QR831 has however changed from 08:45am departure to 19:25pm departure.
Ah, that's interesting, thank you.

I was on the 08.45 but when I looked a couple of days ago I could only see 2 departures and I had been rebooked on the 02.30 the following day for some reason.

I can see 3 departures now though, perhaps it was still working its way through the schedules when I first looked. I'm still on the 02.30 though so shall have to contact them.

Shame the breakfast time flight has gone, that was a good one to get where you were going on the same day.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Am flying on 837 next week leaving at 2:30 am. Which lounge can I use and is it any good?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by stijnec
Am flying on 837 next week leaving at 2:30 am. Which lounge can I use and is it any good?
Miracle Lounge no matter what day of the week. Sakura Lounge (until 1:25am) if flying on a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday. Many more food and drink options in the Sakura but the Miracle is fine if all you want is snacks, a cold beer and somewhere to relax.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Miracle Lounge no matter what day of the week. Sakura Lounge (until 1:25am) if flying on a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday. Many more food and drink options in the Sakura but the Miracle is fine if all you want is snacks, a cold beer and somewhere to relax.
I managed about half an hour in the Sakura lounge this week before closing time. Then moved on to the Miracle lounge which was like a zoo; there was a reasonable amount of food, but the staff were surly.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:37 am

thanks, I will leave on Saturday 2:30 am so will check for Sakura, if not, Miracle it will be. No reason to come to the airport early
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by stijnec
thanks, I will leave on Saturday 2:30 am so will check for Sakura, if not, Miracle it will be. No reason to come to the airport early
I would skip the Miracle Lounge. Was on the 02:30am flight early June and would definitely never go there again.
First of all it's a very long walk from the lounge to the gate.
The lounge was dirty. Food scraps all over the floor and I'm not exaggerating.
It was very full and besides the lounge reception, staff were very unfriendly. Special shout out to the server at the Chicken Rice station.
Toilets are dirty and reeks of smoke.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I think you were a bit unlucky.

I suspect that one's experience of the Miracle lounge may depend on what time one is there. I've been there early-mid-morning a couple of times recently, and while it has been busy, I've always been able to find a space to sit; I've found the food offering pretty good; and, at that time of day, it was looking pretty clean and tidy with no smell of smoke in the toilets.

Sure, if the Sakura Lounge is open, it's a better option, but most of the time it's not!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:27 am

let's hope QR and CX will open their BKK lounges soon
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:55 am

I think Qatar used to have 6 flights per day to Bangkok in 2019, now it's back up to 3 per day. Perhaps when the frequency gets up to 4 per day, they'll see fit to re-open their lounge.

I can't see Cathay re-opening their lounge any time soon, with 0/1 flight per day currently
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:35 am

It's our first time at BKK. Travelling in J and combine with PP card I have a few choices, which 2 lounges would you choose with about 4 hours to kill. Thanks

A few Miracle First Class Lounges
Turkish Airlines Lounge
Oman Air lounge
Air France - KLM SkyLounge
Japan airline Sakura Lounge
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:52 am

I don't know the Turkish Lounge, nor the Oman Air lounge (although I remember walking past that a few years ago and thinking it looked quite cool).
The Sakura lounge is good, but with very restricted opening hours.
My memory of the Air France-KLM Sky lounge is that it was pretty poor.
There isn't much to differentiate between a Miracle First and Miracle Business lounge, but they are fine if there's nothing better open.

I think your lounge choice will depend upon what's open when you're there. It would be good to hear back about the Oman and Turkish lounges on this thread.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
From what I remember I enjoyed the Turkish lounge. Especially with the Turkish pizza that they had.

I will have a chance to lounge hop in a week or two at BKK so can share some experiences.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:41 am

Was it pide or lahmacun?

Either would be a welcome change from the normal lounge fare!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Was it pide or lahmacun?

Either would be a welcome change from the normal lounge fare!

Pass. I'll try it next week and let you know!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
pre.covid I went to the Oman lounge. From memory it was small but had interesting and tasty Middle Eastern food and decent drinks. I would go back there if I Qatar haven’t opened their lounge. I walked in and straight out again of the Air France/KLM lounge as it didn’t look great.

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I don't know the Turkish Lounge, nor the Oman Air lounge (although I remember walking past that a few years ago and thinking it looked quite cool).
The Sakura lounge is good, but with very restricted opening hours.
My memory of the Air France-KLM Sky lounge is that it was pretty poor.
There isn't much to differentiate between a Miracle First and Miracle Business lounge, but they are fine if there's nothing better open.

I think your lounge choice will depend upon what's open when you're there. It would be good to hear back about the Oman and Turkish lounges on this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.