Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Award availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by xadria
For sure this is the reason... they are also struggeling in making Tickets booked in Economy Saver, but in booking class O, upgradable through their website....
that's going to be a real issue then I guess they hope pax will go for economy value
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:26 pm

I wonder how difficult to get an award through a partner airline BA or CX any luck anyone?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by xadria
For sure this is the reason... they are also struggeling in making Tickets booked in Economy Saver, but in booking class O, upgradable through their website....
you can believe that. However, I have already posted the real reason why reward ticket redemption has been placed exclusively online (alleged internal fraud). In addition, I have heard that crew discount tickets (friends and family) have been put on ice for at least the next six months...

Last edited by SullyofDoha; Mar 9, 2018 at 3:43 am
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

you can believe that. However, I have already posted the real reason why reward ticket redemption has been pulled online (alleged internal fraud). In addition, I have heard that crew discount tickets (friends and family) have been put on ice for at least the next six months...
I was being sarcastic, appreciate your input, hopefully situation is solved and award availability comes back to normal soon. The lack of redemption availability is bad press for Qatar Airways.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:15 am

I'm on QR831 BKK DOH connecting to QR15 LHR on Monday 12th both flights seem wide open 9 in nearly every booking class yet no redemption my only salvation is a adjacent blocked seat
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by spec119
I'm on QR831 BKK DOH connecting to QR15 LHR on Monday 12th both flights seem wide open 9 in nearly every booking class yet no redemption my only salvation is a adjacent blocked seat
I can not understand their policy... I should credit the next flight to BAEC...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm looking for JFK-DOH in October and finding lots of economy seats but no business class.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:57 am

What are the odds of last minute award inventory being released? I have flights booked at saver level but would prefer an earlier routing that has seats open, but none for award currently. Do they release more closer to flight date traditionally?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA *Gold
I bet zero. QR does not want any redemptions. Redemption of qmiles on partners. Your experience?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
To add a data point: I booked a MEL-OTP RT using QF points and the inventory was there 7-8 months prior to the flight and it dried up soon after (it's Q2 now). So it seems that inventory decreases with time; not sure if more opens up closer to the departure date. I would expect things like day of the week, public holidays, peak business travel season and such to play a role in this equation.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:35 am

Hi,
I am trying to find award space for NBO-HKG for next year U fare. QR only displays xQ2 award space but American displays plenty of saver award space on QR on the same dates, also business class (U). (Now AA can show award space for QR online). I can go all the way to the payment page on AA so I don't think it is phantom space. How is it possible that AA has award space available and QR PC does not for its own members?

[Quick update: also checking BA, no award space coming up. This is getting weird.]

Last edited by Mister P.; Nov 3, 2018 at 1:41 am
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
I am trying to find award space for NBO-HKG for next year U fare. QR only displays xQ2 award
well i dont know which day you look, but i can find a lot QR Y+J award space with normal miles (not Q2). I checked award space until april 2018 and nearly every month/week there is space available with normal miles

here a short selection:

Last edited by Crisu69; Nov 3, 2018 at 5:49 am
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:43 am

Thanks for the update! I was actually looking for flights for mid-February but nothing seems be available from February 9th onwards (on the QR website). AA does display award space on its website.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:19 am

Any recent data points of QR releasing J space as departure gets closer? I'm coming up on 30 days to departure so hoping to be able to re-ticket from Y to J.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:15 pm

Yes! upgrade availability opened up on a flight I'm taking soon about 2 weeks ahead of departure date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.