Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Access to QR First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:35 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and your answer remdk.
We are both flying J so we will go to Al Mourjan lounge then.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I’m flying J today DOH-ORD, and am OWE. At check in desk told that AM Lounge is undergoing maintenance today so to go to AS instead. At first I was very excited as I’ve always wanted to see it.

Well it’s a heaving mess - totally overcrowded and unable to cope with the amount of people sent here. All passengers standing around desperate to find a seat anywhere. Sometimes 6 people on a table for 4. Zero table service, staff stressed and harried. Some passengers now yelling at staff. Buffet food constantly running out, 20 Min waits for tea coffee (after you manage to flag down a waiter). The bar looks like a pub in soho there are so many clustered around it trying to be served.

So far far from premium :-(
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I’m flying J today DOH-ORD, and am OWE. At check in desk told that AM Lounge is undergoing maintenance today so to go to AS instead. At first I was very excited as I’ve always wanted to see it.

Well it’s a heaving mess - totally overcrowded and unable to cope with the amount of people sent here. All passengers standing around desperate to find a seat anywhere. Sometimes 6 people on a table for 4. Zero table service, staff stressed and harried. Some passengers now yelling at staff. Buffet food constantly running out, 20 Min waits for tea coffee (after you manage to flag down a waiter). The bar looks like a pub in soho there are so many clustered around it trying to be served.

you are unfortunately departing at one of the busiest times of the day so of course the lounge will be overcrowded as it's not meant for 100's of pax
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by justin_krusty

Spare a thought for the actual F pax who are similarly suffering from that flock of additional lounge users without benefting from access to a better lounge, and for less lucky people who must have been sent back to the first or business lounges instead with even more overcrowding and much worse base services.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:36 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

How long will the AM lounge be undergoing maintenance? I will be there in 3 days time (am OWE), so would like to mentally prepare for the crowd (will be arriving around 11 pm and departing 2 am - which normally is the crazy hour).

Cheers!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I will be in doha on wednesday ~5 pm in J and QR platin so should have AM access. Will report if someone not do before.

Cant remember anymore but 5 pm is also bussy time in AM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.