Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Changes 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: DL MM
Anyone know why the turnaround time in Boston has changed, effective 19 May? Previously the aircraft sat on the ground in Boston for about 7 1/2 hours before returning to Doha. As of May 19th the departure is pushed out another 1 1/2 hours, making the ground time over nine hours! Does Qatar Airways plan to add a tag on flight to some other city in North America to keep this aircraft moving, rather than sitting on the ground in Boston?
Old May 4, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by DENMILLIONMILER
Anyone know why the turnaround time in Boston has changed, effective 19 May? Previously the aircraft sat on the ground in Boston for about 7 1/2 hours before returning to Doha. As of May 19th the departure is pushed out another 1 1/2 hours, making the ground time over nine hours! Does Qatar Airways plan to add a tag on flight to some other city in North America to keep this aircraft moving, rather than sitting on the ground in Boston?
no tag on to another city. Nothing else to report on other than a change in times.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: DL MM
Originally Posted by Downunderdesert

no tag on to another city. Nothing else to report on other than a change in times.
Curiously, the layover in Boston is longer than at any other city in North America. Does the aircraft get any greater level of service during the nine hours it is sitting on the ground in Boston?

Seems like with nine hours, a tag on flight to another city (YYZ or DTW come to mind) would be feasible.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
did you receive an email about this?

I am flying out in august, I got no email and this just shortened my time in AM ...
Old May 6, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Curiously, the layover in Boston is longer than at any other city in North America. Does the aircraft get any greater level of service during the nine hours it is sitting on the ground in Boston?

Seems like with nine hours, a tag on flight to another city (YYZ or DTW come to mind) would be feasible.
It’s very common for QR aircraft to sit around for ages at airports all around the world, presumably timed to best make most of connections in and out of Doha.

Don’t forget if you have tag on flights you need two lots of crew, plus their hotels and extra landing/take off/airport fees. Cheaper and easier to move people onto those destinations via the AA hubs.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
YYZ is not allowed because the Canadian government susbidizes Air Canada with protectionism, limiting ME3 to 3 flights per week into the country (and QR does YUL 3x)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.