Wiki Posts
Search

"Bonus Qpoints for Status Challenge"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold
Question "Bonus Qpoints for Status Challenge"

Upon recently checking my account while working out how close I am to status renewal, I came across the following entry in My Activities.

35 Qpoints posted on 1st Oct with the description "Bonus Qpoints for Status Challenge".

Could anyone tell me what this is? I do not recall registering for any bonus Qpoints offer recently. Nevertheless, I'm not complaining because this pushes me over the required Qpoints for renewal
Attached Images  
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:45 am

Did you fly during July and August? The timing of posting the points looks like it may be related to the promo they ran then giving extra points based on how many sectors you flew during the period
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Johnnieboy Yes I did - counting only revenue flights I had 2 sectors in July and 4 sectors in August (2F, 2J, 2Y).

I don't remember even signing up for a promo involving Qpoints but maybe I did - there is no mention of it in My Offers though. What I did register for was the 4x Travel Festival Bonus Qmiles in Premium Class, on my HKG sectors (Jul & Aug flights) which were all posted as the flights were flown. This one only involved bonus Qmiles.

Last edited by joeu1998; Oct 13, 2017 at 7:22 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Johnnieboy after searching my emails I found one from QR on 22nd June advertising the "Up to 200% bonus Qpoints" offer, which ran until Aug 31st. I did indeed book a last minute ticket during that period on Aug 22nd, obviously having forgotten about the offer.

But The 2 qualifying flights, flown Aug 29th, (just made it) were in Y and gave me 35 Qpoints. So I don't understand why my bonus is 100% (35 bonus) when I didnt have 3 or more sectors booked during the offer period?

I did fly exactly 12 sectors between 22/06 and 31/08, which could explain the 100% bonus on my 2 qualifying flights, but almost all of those were booked outside of this period (i.e. before 22nd June) and 4 of them were part of an award...
Attached Images  
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:30 am

It seems you may have found the relevant promotion, although it doesn't seem to add up as you say. Perhaps they were feeling generous... If it's tipped you over the renewal threshold then it's good news either way, so happy days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.