Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR checkin at SIN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
QR checkin at SIN

When does the QR check-in open at SIN?

I managed to get here early for the 2:20am flight, (it is 9:55pm right now), but I thought they had flights here all day! It looks like they left 1 hour before the previous flight closed...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get into the sterile area and into the lounge other than ... wait?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:30 am

no2chem today there appears to be three QR flights. hardly 'all day'!
As with most outstations Check-in opens three hours before departure. By the time you read this post check-in will have opened (at 22.20)!
There is one possible way to get into the lounge earlier and that is to use OLCI and use the printed boarding pass. This demands that you have no checked baggage since QR bag drop also opens three hours before departure.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by remdk
no2chem today there appears to be three QR flights. hardly 'all day'!
As with most outstations Check-in opens three hours before departure. By the time you read this post check-in will have opened (at 22.20)!
There is one possible way to get into the lounge earlier and that is to use OLCI and use the printed boarding pass. This demands that you have no checked baggage since QR bag drop also opens three hours before departure.
Yes, check in opened at 22:20 (isn't that 4 hours before departure)? Resting comfortably in the QF lounge in T1, which I was in a rush to, fortunately, MEL flight is delayed so they are open a little longer before I have to end up in dnata .

Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

And to add, they have a 9:30 pm flight and a 2:20 am evening flight, I guess I mistakenly assumed they would just keep the counters open for the evening.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: SQ Gold; QR Silver
Originally Posted by no2chem
Yes, check in opened at 22:20 (isn't that 4 hours before departure)? Resting comfortably in the QF lounge in T1, which I was in a rush to, fortunately, MEL flight is delayed so they are open a little longer before I have to end up in dnata .

Thanks!
Some airlines at SIN offer early check-in, QR is one of them and check-in opens 4 hours before departure ^

http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileagerun99
Some airlines at SIN offer early check-in, QR is one of them and check-in opens 4 hours before departure ^

http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html
Good to know! The Changi staff kept on telling me 3 hours, which had me worried . Still, it would have been nice if web check-in worked, since I had no baggage.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I seem to have missed you in SIN by 1 day.

Fly safe!

M
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I seem to have missed you in SIN by 1 day.

Fly safe!

M
Aw! We could have debated about al Sawfa at length! I would suggest the QF/BA lounges in T1 if you are taking the 9pm... dnata was okay but sort of disgusting.

In DOH now, stopped by Al Mourjan and they were out of pastrami apparently....

The A350 was nice, pink amenity kits, though.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by no2chem
Aw! We could have debated about al Sawfa at length! I would suggest the QF/BA lounges in T1 if you are taking the 9pm... dnata was okay but sort of disgusting.

In DOH now, stopped by Al Mourjan and they were out of pastrami apparently....

The A350 was nice, pink amenity kits, though.
Haha indeed!

No pastrami? Sheesh, what is the world coming to

Fly safe!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.