Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked luggage on long layover at DOH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by navylad
(they’ll only allow you to get the medication not the bag)
Dying to see how they would police this... Maybe I'll check some paracetamol in my luggage next time and find out

(joking)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by purple1addict

Dying to see how they would police this... Maybe I'll check some paracetamol in my luggage next time and find out

(joking)
They took me in a lift with a security guard down to a baggage handler and the security guard stood over me as I got the medication out, having been told in no uncertain terms that I can only get the medication.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
note to myself, next time write MEDICATION/MEDICAL EQUIPMENT in big red letters on everything I need....
navylad and purple1addict like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by navylad

They took me in a lift with a security guard down to a baggage handler and the security guard stood over me as I got the medication out, having been told in no uncertain terms that I can only get the medication.
Wow... Yeah, maybe I won't be trying it myself then
navylad likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I know this is an old question, but I have the opposite question. I have a 32 hour layover in Doha. Can I ask for my luggage to be checked through? It's a J flight into Doha and and F flight out of Doha. The flights are QF ticketed award flights.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by weegraeme
I know this is an old question, but I have the opposite question. I have a 32 hour layover in Doha. Can I ask for my luggage to be checked through? It's a J flight into Doha and and F flight out of Doha. The flights are QF ticketed award flights.
I’ve just heard that I can only drop my luggage off 6 hours before my flight. I’d been hoping to check in much earlier and book one of the sleeping rooms. My flight departs at 2 am and arrives 12 hours later at 6 pm local time. Because of the arrival time, I don’t want to be sleeping on the flight.

It’s not shaping up like much of a premium experience at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.