FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Sale Fares Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1868118-sale-fares-discussion.html)

Firemin Jan 8, 2018 6:26 pm

Any of you more experienced hands know whether there are any QR sale sweet spots in the Far East for flights to Europe - am based in HKG but happy to position to anywhere nearby.

Current ex-HKG prices are all around £2000 pp, but looking for prices more in line wth the ex-EU prices...

NetJets Germany Jan 8, 2018 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Firemin (Post 29267611)
Any of you more experienced hands know whether there are any QR sale sweet spots in the Far East for flights to Europe - am based in HKG but happy to position to anywhere nearby.

Current ex-HKG prices are all around £2000 pp, but looking for prices more in line wth the ex-EU prices...

I saw earlier that the Mainland seems to have some reasonable offers in place, particularly ex second or third tier cities like Chengdu or Chongqing.

golfingboy Jan 8, 2018 7:07 pm

Try ICN... ICN-DUB is $1926... About $100 cheaper with companion. This is USD, so a bit less in Euro.

Professional Bum Jan 8, 2018 9:27 pm

Try Clark (CRK). I am seeing fares for as low as US$1890.

divrdrew Jan 8, 2018 10:37 pm

This isn’t a very good sale. Most prices ex-US are fairly routine on many of the routes. All economy fares, except to Kathmandu which seem8ngly has no availability. I’m surprised as the last couple sales were great with virtually no blackout dates for J. What a let down!

Saeagle Jan 8, 2018 11:06 pm

Looking at flights to Jo’burg and they are working out at nearly £500-£800 more on this sale compared to last year.

Hopefully more enticing fares are on the way.

roy2016 Jan 9, 2018 4:10 am

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn (Post 29265300)
Emirates lists from Taiwan LHR at 55000 twd, for the market its a great fare (cheapest I've seen on Cathay for a long time is 85000 TWD)

Hope will see some good prices EX asia on Qatar this time also (last January sale I bought some great deals EX HKG).

there are some decent but not surprising fare ex-China.
CKG-FCO cir GBP£1200
CTU-FRA,PRG cir GBP1300

florens Jan 9, 2018 5:24 am

Fares from Switzerland are loaded, and from GVA you have to pay in Rubels...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6d1524cbea.jpg

lost_in_translation Jan 9, 2018 5:29 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 29269142)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6d1524cbea.jpg

Not as weird as the price from BHX being in KWD...

justatourist Jan 9, 2018 5:40 am

Out of Western Europe these are the best fares I found (so far) by destination:

To Thailand: HEL-BKK: 1184€
To Vietnam: ARN/OSL/HEL-SGN: 1400-1500€
To Malaysia: ARN/OSL-KUL: 1318€
To Singapore: ARN/OSL-SIN: 1380-1400€
To China: PRG-PVG: 1429€
To Indonesia: No good deals. Cheapest are PRG-DPS and BRU-DPS for ~1600€
To Philippines: No good deals.
To Australia & NZ: OSL-PER/SYD: 1670€

To Tanzania: BUD-DAR: 1326€
To South Africa: TXL-JNB: 1563€
To Namibia: No good deals. Cheapest is VIE-WDH for 1696€

SENNINHA Jan 9, 2018 5:40 am

QR raised the bar to high in previous sales with x4 x5 miles , qmiles raffle , golden tickets etc.....
Somehow we are disapointed :)

ExpatSomchai Jan 9, 2018 5:42 am

Originally Posted by SENNINHA (Post 29269185)
QR raised the bar to high in previous sales with x4 x5 miles , qmiles raffle , golden tickets etc.....
Somehow we are disapointed :)

Also the booking dates have been cut extremely short with the black out window

zat_dude Jan 9, 2018 5:52 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 29269142)

See, this is clear proof that President Berset was colluding with the Russians.

Oh, wait...

:D :D

ILikePancakes Jan 9, 2018 6:06 am

I'm very sad... These fares are making a tier point run to Honolulu look cheap! :D

WorldLux Jan 9, 2018 6:08 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 29269189)
Also the booking dates have been cut extremely short with the black out window

and other restrictions in previous sales. I'm looking for 3 tickets to down under. This time it's the black out window. Last time it was that the companion offer was restricted to 2, 4, 6, 8, .... passengers. I'm sitting here wanting to spend money and QR wants none of it. What a pity.