Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Change the flight times. How do they work it out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:29 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

Had 3 changes to booking LHR-SIN, leave Thursday

Odd in that they never email to tell you. Only when you log in

One thing I was trying to work out. Our flight back from SIN-DOH has just increased by 30 minutes.

This is 2 weeks out

Would it be because of the ongoing issues with the air around Doha?

Just curious what would cause the extra time

Cheers
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by gav0106
Had 3 changes to booking LHR-SIN, leave Thursday

Odd in that they never email to tell you. Only when you log in

One thing I was trying to work out. Our flight back from SIN-DOH has just increased by 30 minutes.

This is 2 weeks out

Would it be because of the ongoing issues with the air around Doha?

Just curious what would cause the extra time

Cheers
Add your trips to www.checkmytrip.com
It's free and super easy, you can add any flight you have. And if any flighttime changes they do notify you
(Only been using it a few weeks after I got an e-mail from QR where it was advertising this website in a tiny fontsize.)

And my flights have been changing quite a bit too, but usually 5-10 minutes difference.
Not sure what the reason might be, but I do believe it might have something to do with the restrictions.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC
I've also had a DOH-BKK flight increase by 30mins.
I guess they are padding the schedule to deal with the impact of congestion in/out of DOH.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:48 am

My BEY-DOH flight timing have increased 40 minutes. That is a lot of time consider the distance is not significant.

I also got notified by My Flight app and nothing from QR. God bless the app.
JasperT likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Did you book with a travel agent because if so then they expect your travel agent to inform you - this has happened to me with Qatar

This is madness and if the time changes the airline should inform you - certainly Finnair do and I think I now have had 6 changes on my flights to Bangkok already in 4 months
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:47 pm

Got notified by My Flight app today that my JNB-DOH flight is now departing 1 hour earlier than schedule. Again, heard nothing from QR. I could have easily missed the flight if not for the app. I hope QR would start taking this flight timing change seriously and find a way to inform their passengers.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:17 pm

My DOH-MEL flight (dec) has changed 3 times in the last 2 weeks by an hour or so either way. Doesn't make much difference to me, but strange they are changing it so frequently.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:07 am

I can understand Qatar having to change times at the moment (air blockade) and also airlines making the normal winter and summer changes but I am somewhat confused by Finnair constantly changing the time of my flights

What I do not understand is airlines not communicating these changes properly (of which Finnair are not guilty) Qatar seem to have assumed that everyone has a mobile and is using their app which is not the case
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Fully agree with you all, the most annoying thing is that QR does not inform us until about 1 day before the flight. We depend on checkmytrip.com which is very handy. On receiving an alert, we then quickly open the QR website and `Manage My Trip' to acknowledge the changes. We often wonder what would happen if we did not acknowledge the changes.
Is there a way we can impress upon QR that it is not only vital but decent to inform their passengers of flight time changes? Even humble Iberia can manage that.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Is there a way we can impress upon QR that it is not only vital but decent to inform their passengers of flight time changes? Even humble Iberia can manage that.
You might have thought so. the problem is that they are not thinking from the consumers point of view and I am sure that the many complaints they get just go into a black hole

Qatar are trying to force people to use their app when they did this with the Privilege club I was locked out as do have a mobile (OK I am a Luddite) and Qatar did at least make some changes to allow us to remain members
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
QR seems change flight schedules a lot. Of the dozen or so QR flights I've booked since the beginning of 2017, every one of them have had their timings changed. Nothing too drastic, but it's hard to keep up sometimes.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:23 pm

Just received an email from QA regarding a flight change for a flight in December.
This is the first time I've ever received an email to inform me about this. Only minor changes but like most I only ever see it when I 'mange my booking' online.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
And yet they seem to be able to send me an email every time I change my own seat reservation
Amame likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I posted this in another thread. In my experience it is not a change to block times it is simply that QR have no idea how to calculate arrival and departure times when there is a change of time difference due to DST.

"My experience is that QR is incapable of calculating flight times and getting departure or arrival times correct when there is a DST change in one country. So far I have two trips booked for the October - March season and on checking manage my booking I saw that the departure from my home airport had been brought forward by an hour since booking, the arrival time was more or less the same and the block time was the same. The same thing happened earlier this year when I travelled to Sydney and the actual arrival time was an hour later than it was shown as when I booked.

My advice, check MMB regularly as QR will not advise you of a timing change. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.