Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR website displaying promo fare status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:01 am

Hi, just to report back on my previous experience, I was able to upgrade the T Economy fare as it was listed as a Saver Class. If you are in similar position make sure the T fare is listed as Saver and not Promo. I hope this helps!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Currently in the same position as the OP's - looking to book a flight with an eye on upgrading. Although as I haven't transferred points in yet I can't check award availability.... Does anyone know how to check this? I'm stuck in a vicious cycle as I don't want to transfer them in if there's no availability, but I cant see availability without them!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:21 am

In order to check award / upgrade space you only need to have a QR PC account. Do a regular search for a cash ticket, then click on the tab on the top right corner "Book using Qmiles", which will take you to the logging page. Once there you can check award availability. If the site show regular award space (not Q2) you should be able to upgrade.

Do bear in mind that award space is subject to change at any given point, so by the time you transfer your miles the space might be gone. Be also mindful of the elegible economy fares elegible for upgrades.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mister P.
In order to check award / upgrade space you only need to have a QR PC account. Do a regular search for a cash ticket, then click on the tab on the top right corner "Book using Qmiles", which will take you to the logging page. Once there you can check award availability. If the site show regular award space (not Q2) you should be able to upgrade.

Do bear in mind that award space is subject to change at any given point, so by the time you transfer your miles the space might be gone. Be also mindful of the elegible economy fares elegible for upgrades.
Another way of checking easily rather than QR's mundane IT system is to login in to AA.com there you can check over a month specifically for J availability
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
How do you do this? I haven't been able to see any qatar flights on AA.com??
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by antonf793
How do you do this? I haven't been able to see any qatar flights on AA.com??
Create an AAdvantage account and then at the booking page simply check the redeem miles box when putting flight details. this will bring up all available flights from any of the OW partners

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.