Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Reykjavik?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Flights to Reykjavik?

Hoping to get a bit of help around here, apologies if this may have been asked in the past but am clueless and no googling has helped.

I visited Iceland last year from Manila to Reykjavik via Qatar Airways with Icelandair flying the last legs both ways, and am planning to come back for another visit later this year- but Reykjavik (via Keflavik airport) looks like it has disappeared from the options.... any idea why and if this option may be back at some point in time?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GfL
You must have continued flying QR from Doha to one of the European gateways (LHR, LGW, AMS, CDG, etc.) where FI flies to/from.

Last edited by Peregrine415; Jul 4, 2017 at 12:08 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Qatar has never code-shared with Icelandair. British Airways flies to KEF from LHR daily so you may also want to look into that but I don't think they code-share on the KEF route either. Icelandair is however a much better carrier than BA intra-Europe.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Was your previous ticket purchased via an OTA or actual travel agent? They can create routings that don't normally exist via airline, codeshares, partnerships & alliances.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Finnair fly from Helsinki to Reykjavik a few times a week, during the summer. These can be booked on QR website when leaving from China, so likely also from Manila.

For positioning also look at Copenhagen and Oslo which have the best flight options.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Not enough demand nor appetite for Gulf carrier to KEF.
I just got back from Reykjavik this weekend and on top of BA, FI and WOW (WOW flying from STN other 2 from LHR) if you want a Nordic closer transit the options are OSL (FI), CPH (SAS), ARN (FI) and HEL (AY).
On other note Lufthansa will start KEF all year round route in October 2017 - currently they have seasonal FRA & MUC. As other Star Alliance option you have SAS as well..
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Was your previous ticket purchased via an OTA or actual travel agent? They can create routings that don't normally exist via airline, codeshares, partnerships & alliances.
Great question. Last year I purchased my ticket directly via the Qatar Airways website, with Icelandair from ARN - KEF, and return CPH - DOH...
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JC880
Finnair fly from Helsinki to Reykjavik a few times a week, during the summer. These can be booked on QR website when leaving from China, so likely also from Manila.

For positioning also look at Copenhagen and Oslo which have the best flight options.
Awesome thank you I'll try this out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.