Wiki Posts
Search

DUB terminal, Lounge details confirmed?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
DUB terminal, Lounge details confirmed?

First Flight ex-Dub is just over a week away.

Have QR published details of which terminal they are using or what the lounge arrangements will be? - I noted that the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...utstation.html thread does not yet have DUB lounge details.

I've a booking on the inaugural flight and according to the QR Website the flight is scheduled to land at terminal 1 - but given that is also an A350 and all subsequent flights are 787 I suppose this is not conclusive.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:52 am

catharsis when it is working again have a look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access for Dublin. It is usually pretty accurate.

The inaugural flight may not be conclusive as to terminal but it is a very, very strong indicator.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
I would suspect that it will be terminal 2.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by remdk
catharsis when it is working again have a look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access for Dublin. It is usually pretty accurate.

The inaugural flight may not be conclusive as to terminal but it is a very, very strong indicator.
Last I checked it was the DAA lounge in Terminal 1. The same that BA is using.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by catharsis
I've a booking on the inaugural flight and according to the QR Website the flight is scheduled to land at terminal 1 - but given that is also an A350 and all subsequent flights are 787 I suppose this is not conclusive.
Why is this not conclusive?

BA is already in terminal 1. Also Etihad moved to terminal 1 and they are using wide body aircraft as well.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Doesn't really make much difference... airside terminal 1 and terminal 2 are an interconnected common area.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by endet

BA is already in terminal 1. Also Etihad moved to terminal 1 and they are using wide body aircraft as well.
And "AA is in Terminal 2, and Emirates did not move to Terminal 1 and they are using wide body aircraft also."

I was not suggesting that I knew the answer conclusively or that there was any reason to believe they would be using T2 as opposed toe T1, I was asking for information from anyone who had published facts or QR announcements on this matter.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by endet

And "AA is in Terminal 2, and Emirates did not move to Terminal 1 and they are using wide body aircraft also."

I was not suggesting that I knew the answer conclusively or that there was any reason to believe they would be using T2 as opposed toe T1, I was asking for information from anyone who had published facts or QR announcements on this matter.

I personally suspect it will be (the older, less pleasant) T1 rather than T2, but as noted by schwann it's not hugely important in any case.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:43 am

According to Dublin Airport website, it says Qatar is operating from Terminal 1, which is pretty conclusive.

In any case, it will be the ever disappointing (in either terminal) Dublin Airport Executive Lounge.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jah718
According to Dublin Airport website, it says Qatar is operating from Terminal 1, which is pretty conclusive.

In any case, it will be the ever disappointing (in either terminal) Dublin Airport Executive Lounge.

T2 Aer Lingus Lounge not 'entirely' terrible.

T1 DAA lounge unless the recent renovations have transformed it completely IS however entirely terrible :-)

Is there a separate DAA Lounge in T2 ?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by catharsis
T2 Aer Lingus Lounge not 'entirely' terrible.

T1 DAA lounge unless the recent renovations have transformed it completely IS however entirely terrible :-)

Is there a separate DAA Lounge in T2 ?

Yep, the EI lounge is not so bad, although there are very few food options.

Yes, there is a DAA executive lounge in T1 and T2.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Just passed through DUB on Aer Lingus. AFAIK, the only airlines operating out of T2 are AA, DL, UA, and Aer Lingus as that's where the US Customs pre-clearance is located. All other carriers fly out of T1. The airport web site showed Emirates operating out of T2 as well, but didn't see them there when I passed through earlier this week.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Sign outside of Dublin Airport T2 showed Emirates as departing from T2.

It's worth noting that the vast majority of flights departing from T2 are EI flights to places other than North America.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
I am surprised but tomorrow's flight from Dublin to Doha is from Terminal 1.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
sat in the EI lounge in T2 and can see the QR flight to DOH just departed from gate 305 in T1. It has been taxiing for the last 20 minutes. Very busy here at DUB today. Was going to walk over to the gate to see what festivities were being had for the first flight but didnt make it in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.