Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

'Official QR Holiday stopover package' supersedes stopover restriction on ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Official QR Holiday stopover package' supersedes stopover restriction on ticket?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat

I'm interested in a fare, but only if I can get a long stopover in DOH (I will actually be nesting a side-journey on a separate ticket/airline inside the fare)

the fare rules include the following intriguing language (highlight in red added by me)

Code:
UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
       1 IN DOH EITHER OUT/IN.
     A STOPOVER MAY NOT EXCEED 96 HOURS.
  OR - 5 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
          1 IN DOH EITHER OUT/IN AT USD 200.00
          A STOPOVER MAY NOT EXCEED 14 DAYS.
         NOTE -
          PURCHASE OF AN OFFICIAL QR HOLIDAY STOPOVER
          PACKAGE WILL SUPERSEDE THE ABOVE RULES STOPOVER
          FEES AND RESTRICTIONS. REFER TO QR OFFICES AND QR
          HOLIDAYS FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE OFFICIAL
          STOPOVER PACKAGE AND BOOKING PROCESS.
Has anyone any experience of this? How might this combine with the current +Qatar free hotel package or the 50 per day extension to that package?

I'd be interested as to whether anyone has made this work - Ideally I'd like to have about a 3 week stopover but even if the 14 day maximum cannot be avoided - avoiding the extra 200 and paying that towards a hotel instead seems like a good option.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:59 am

I tried to avail myself of this benefit last year. I found QR res staff totally unable to assist. A real shame and quite possibly falling short of DOT regulations including the obligation to follow the tariff and obligation to assist customers who have questions about the tariff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.