Community
Wiki Posts
Search

qpoint run in europe?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 5:58 am
Original Poster

qpoint run in europe?

I need 10 qpoints to hit silver before my next flight (to use the milage bonus) and 20 more to hit gold after. What is the cheapest option to reach that in europe/muc?

What are the Airberlin booking classes for Eco light/classic/flex?

And would it make sense to qpoint run for plat?

Thanks
Old May 11, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Departing from MUC, I can see 350 euros to MAD on IB business on A320s same day turnaround.

Or you may depart from FRA for the LATAM 787 flatbed service also to MAD, for only 230 euros. However that means same day turnaround not possible- why not make it a 3 day trip to Madrid? =]

Last edited by TheDinge; May 11, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by cfreak
I need 10 qpoints to hit silver before my next flight (to use the milage bonus) and 20 more to hit gold after. What is the cheapest option to reach that in europe/muc?

What are the Airberlin booking classes for Eco light/classic/flex?

And would it make sense to qpoint run for plat?

Thanks
I personally think there's no point running from Gold to Plat unless you're close, it doesn't give you any benefit at all. Business class check in is satisfactory, at least for me, and there aren't many airports in the world with a significantly better lounge for Emaralds, for example HKG.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Ok, thanks

Last edited by cfreak; May 11, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

cfreak welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

I believe that both BA and IB fly from MUC as well as QR and AB so there should be scope to find suitable Qpoint earning trips at a reasonable price.

With regard to how AB fares relate to Cabin class then I recommend that you look at the Airberlin webpage and the Airberlin forum here on flyertalk.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Your best bet should be to fly IB as AB lowest fares don't earn anything on QR and BA fares are more expensive. You can find MAD-IBZ as low as 19 EUR on momondo at certain dates ;-)
You can combine with a MUC-MAD

Be careful not to book a codeshare on a Vueling operated flight...
Old May 11, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
Your best bet should be to fly IB as AB lowest fares don't earn anything on QR and BA fares are more expensive. You can find MAD-IBZ as low as 19 EUR on momondo at certain dates ;-)
You can combine with a MUC-MAD

Be careful not to book a codeshare on a Vueling operated flight...
Surely if OP only needs 30 Qpoints, MUC-MAD return in J on IB(32 Qpoints) would do?
Old May 11, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
A FRA-MAD in J on LA 787 would be cheaper and more stylish but would get only 24 Qpoints for a return ticket... But combined with a cheap MAD-IBZ in Y would be perfect
Old May 11, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
A FRA-MAD in J on LA 787 would be cheaper and more stylish but would get only 24 Qpoints for a return ticket... But combined with a cheap MAD-IBZ in Y would be perfect
What about MUC to CGN 100 euros return on AB for 10 Qpoints? Takes just above an hour to commute to FRA, perfectly avoids weirdly expensive and long train journey from Munich.

MUC-CGN// FRA-MAD-FRA// CGN-MUC

Gosh, wish I have better things to do in life.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:13 pm

I just got 32 points from a HAM-LCY-DUB RT (BA), cost like €200.
But it's worth calculating how many bonus miles you'll get. QR checks for tier upgrades after every single leg, so if you are just missing 10 points, you would be silver instantly when you land in DOH. MUC-DOH only earns 668 extra Qmiles with silver, definitely not worth 200€ and a day on cramped intra EU flights.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by TheDinge
from Gold to Plat unless you're close, it doesn't give you any benefit at all.
You get also 60 QCredits which you ca use for upgrades.
As Platin you earn also more miles for every flight then Gold.

There is extra benefit beeing Platin
Old May 12, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
You get also 60 QCredits which you ca use for upgrades.
As Platin you earn also more miles for every flight then Gold.

There is extra benefit beeing Platin
Access to several OW F lounges and miles not expiring are other significant benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.