Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Did Qatar increase their base fare bounce from HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold

They used to do 6000 hkd ~600 quid from HKG to LHR at peak season
now they need at lease 7800 hkd ~750 quid
has anyone keep tracking on that?
Now Cathay only need 7000 for a direct flight for the some date. That's seem quite non-sence to me.
If I am not a privilege club gold, I would have jump ship without hesitation. Also, I noticed EK fare seem to go abit non reasonable too. What is wrong with them? Sorry for my poor English
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Prices are always subject to change unfortunately and what QR were willing to charge 12 months, six months, even six days ago isn't an indication of what they will charge in the future. You also note it is peak season which is another reason airlines will charge more.

That being said, at this time you haven't provided enough information for anyone to make a proper assessment of what the situation is. Which fare bucket is the ticket drawn from? What type of fare does it say it is on the QR site, it may be that the cheapest Saver tickets have sold out.

You also haven't mentioned what date you are actually looking to travel, the cheapest fares have an advance purchase requirement and as you note it isn't solely QR's prices that have changed.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obduro
Prices are always subject to change unfortunately and what QR were willing to charge 12 months, six months, even six days ago isn't an indication of what they will charge in the future. You also note it is peak season which is another reason airlines will charge more.

That being said, at this time you haven't provided enough information for anyone to make a proper assessment of what the situation is. Which fare bucket is the ticket drawn from? What type of fare does it say it is on the QR site, it may be that the cheapest Saver tickets have sold out.

You also haven't mentioned what date you are actually looking to travel, the cheapest fares have an advance purchase requirement and as you note it isn't solely QR's prices that have changed.
that's was the Econ Saver fare from early may to late June but I dun think dates matter. Cause I searched for early oct to early dec they still show up the same price. That's why I think that is the cheapest fare they have.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Oh and one more little thing is Super J a new class or they just call the new J product as Super J?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by kevin071
Oh and one more little thing is Super J a new class or they just call the new J product as Super J?
Just the new J product - not a new class.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by obduro

obduro HKG appears to be a testing ground for prices!
Last autumn the return Business class fare CPH-HKG was a whopping DKK 36799, now it is DKK 23049! But still a long way from DKK 16-18k of November 2015!
There are a number of factors to consider but such huge differences can hardly be explained away by them.
1) The A330s have been replaced by B787s on DOH-HKG.
2) The loading in J appears to be just below 90%.
Peak season does not have much to do with these prices that are for many months into the future and across peak times.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Last autumn the return Business class fare CPH-HKG was a whopping DKK 36799, now it is DKK 23049! But still a long way from DKK 16-18k of November 2015!
There are a number of factors to consider but such huge differences can hardly be explained away by them.
Peak season does not have much to do with these prices that are for many months into the future and across peak times.
Good info....seems to fluctuate a lot!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Was there a reduction in J seats when A330 was changed to 787? This may be the reason adding to the very high loading and increased fare.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:58 am

SLGO welcome to the QR forum.

There was a reduction from 24 to 22 but with QRs seat blocking activity it might even have a positive influence on the number of seats available.
Seat blocking is where QR block the seat beside a status passenger to give them more room.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:55 am
Original Poster

So if they have positive feedback from this price, fare are tend to go up for other route as well?

But there has no way they can get positive feedback I assume? SQ is doing ~550 quid for European destination ex-HKG, BA CX have around 650 quid. Let alone CX is putting their head together on developing European market and more European carrier started go back to HKG i.e. OS, SK. They will lose their market in HKG sooner or later if they are keeping this fare strategy.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:24 am

But then QR does have great fares during their travel festival sale, even ex-HKG.

A friend of mine got 2 tickets HKG-ARN for June, ~HKD2,800 each all inclusive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.