Search

Being Bump on Y (T Fare)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qmiles
Being Bump on Y (T Fare)

Dear Everyone,

I hit the Platinium QR recently but I Had a T Fare in Y ticket for a Flight soon,
My partner flying Business, I checked with his account to see if they still have some place in Business. On the first flight, Choosen seat is not available anymore and on second flight, they still have some seat ...

I know the Economy is full ( only 3 seat remaining for a flight in 24 hours) Does someone has been bumped into Business even with a T fare ticket ?
Or is it impossible due to restriction ?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:06 pm

bambooshoot congratulations on becoming Platinum.

I assume that you are talking about a free Op-up not a paid upgrade. These are only given if the Y cabin is sold out and there are more passengers than there are seats. This can only occur when check-in for the flight closes and the final number of passengers in Y is known. You will not be given an op-up if there are Y seats available.

If there are to be op-ups then there is a secret list of who it should be. OWE/PC Platinum and full fare Y passengers head the list. It is thought that PC Platinum is the highest priority but we do not know for certain.

The MMB, and Checkmytrip, seat map is blanked out when the flight is open for check-in, both online and airport check-in.

If you want to upgrade then you can still do it online for Qmiles/Qcredits or at the airport. See http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...em_qmiles.page and http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=5&sid=2 for more details.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
O T and W booking class can't be upgraded with Qmiles or Qcredits but they can be OpUped (it usually happens at the boarding gate as the airline not only has to wait the end of check-in but also takes into account miss connecting passengers and waitlisted passengers) according to the priority of your status.
Seat maps are not a clear reflect of plane load as some passengers haven't selected a seat before airport check in and most of front rows seats are blocked and look occupied on the seat map.

Last edited by Matt4; Feb 21, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
I did got OpUp 3 times for last 12 months with O class as PC Platinum and as well several OpUp with higher classes (Eco-Saver, Eco-Value)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:25 am

I wouldn't count on it unless the flight is absolutely so full that they aren't even selling Y fare tickets and the seat maps in business class are nearly 100% empty.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
I have gotten an OpUp with O class as PC Burgundy before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.