Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chiang Mai start?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
I'm booked for A332 in November, but hoping for a plane change to B787.
According to QR Cargo, on 27 Oct we will see the B787 on this route. 27 Oct is the last day of summer schedule, no winter schedule posted yet, so even o QR cargo website I cannot look into November plans, but hopes are high
I know how QR changes their planes for all routes, especially for secondary airports like CNX. Last year booked a flight in September from KBV on B787, changed to A320, then to A319 and finally flew on A332.
Still, B787 would be a nice change with it's B/E Super Diamond seats in J - with 332 you never know B/E Minipod (awful) or B/E Diamond (Ok!). Good thing is less and less 332's with Minipod are flying Thanks to Meridiana / Air Italy.

Check Availability | QR-Cargo
Schedules

Btw. Do you know when they're going to announce winter schedule?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Thomas PL
I'm booked for A332 in November, but hoping for a plane change to B787.
According to QR Cargo, on 27 Oct we will see the B787 on this route. 27 Oct is the last day of summer schedule, no winter schedule posted yet, so even o QR cargo website I cannot look into November plans, but hopes are high
I'm booked to fly on QR822/3 in November, December & February, and all four flights have now been changed from an A330-200 to a B787-800, as you had been hoping/predicting.

This meant that my previously-booked Economy-seats had changed from an aisle (B in 2-4-2) to a middle one (3-3-3), so I needed to change my seat-selections, to keep an aisle-seat as I always prefer/book ! Others, who are also booked for the DOH-CNX-DOH route this coming winter might also wish to revisit their seat-selections, or risk being unhappy at check-in/boarding !

So far there's no sign of next summers' A319LR on QR922 (DOH-RGN-CNX-DOH) being switched, hopefully to a larger/better-equipped A320/A321, but one can hope that this may yet happen as load-factors improve, and the route becomes more-established ? That would be better IMO, than increasing the frequency from 4-times-weekly, to more often.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:38 am

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...lights-in-w18/
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Flew CNX-DOH two weeks ago, perhaps one-third full on the B788, which wasn't too bad for mid-week/low-season/November ?

However DOH-CNX arriving yesterday was only about 25%, many of us on cheap-fares marketed a year ago via the BA-website, which does rather ask the question why QR decided to increase the frequency from 4-weekly to daily this winter ? Perhaps a single B788, serving both this and the DOH-KBV (Krabi) on alternate days, might have been better ? Or perhaps this may happen once they start sending B787s to Air Italy ?

And my bookings CNX-DOH-CNX for next June, which were formerly confirmed on the A319, are now un-confirmed as the route appears to have been withdrawn for the whole of summer-season, as not seen on various other booking-enquiries.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
I am flying DOH-CNX next week in J, so far the seating looks pretty open but will be interesting to see the load since it is getting to high season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.