Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR baggage interline partners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

QR baggage interline partners

Is anyone able to advise me whether QR have a baggage interline agreement with BM (BMI regional)?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by Nikko5
Is anyone able to advise me whether QR have a baggage interline agreement with BM (BMI regional)?
From their site

We do not exclude any airlines from our interline bookings. However, we take into consideration connection times between our flights and the partner airlines when providing flight options to our customers. We may also take into account agreements with partner airlines, which allow us to offer more competitive fares to our customers.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately this is on separate tickets/PNRs with the routing DOH-MUC on QR then MUC-BRS on BM.

I have 4hrs at MUC, so have hopefully left enough leeway for a reasonable QR delay, but would prefer to reduce any risk (& not lug my bag around MUC and stay airside!)

Interesting that QR say they will interline with *any* other airline, I thought most had a specific list of third party airlines for this, I just don't seem to be able to find QR's!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nikko5
Thanks for the reply - unfortunately this is on separate tickets/PNRs with the routing DOH-MUC on QR then MUC-BRS on BM.

I have 4hrs at MUC, so have hopefully left enough leeway for a reasonable QR delay, but would prefer to reduce any risk (& not lug my bag around MUC and stay airside!)

Interesting that QR say they will interline with *any* other airline, I thought most had a specific list of third party airlines for this, I just don't seem to be able to find QR's!
Given that QR and most Oneworld airlines will not interline on separate tickets/PNRs I give you nil chance QR will interline with BM

Look at the wiki in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...d-threads.html
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:36 pm

They don't interline with anyone. Most station managers even refuse to do so even before the change in one world rules
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by tboons
They don't interline with anyone. Most station managers even refuse to do so even before the change in one world rules
tboons whilst what you say is probably true in general there have been a number of exceptions reported here mostly between OW carriers.

Several airports transfer desks can also retrieve luggage and re-tag it. This function is not very well known but is to be found in DOH and several others. DXB also has this facility but charges for it.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by remdk
tboons
Several airports transfer desks can also retrieve luggage and re-tag it. This function is not very well known but is to be found in DOH and several others. DXB also has this facility but charges for it.
But this is not consider interline but rather as part of the airport and airlines agreement. Nothing to do with interline.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:05 am

tboons I am aware that the transfer desk, thankfully, has nothing to do with interlining but that solution seems to be available at a number of airports.
The comment was not really intended for you personally but for all those who read the thread and are unaware of the possibility of avoiding doing the Arrivals and Departures thing!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I had no issue with QR interlining with a BA reward flight last month. Separate tickets / PNR obviously. Just asked at check-in more "just to see" as I had plenty of time to collect & recheck bags as per initial plan. All in J, QR even printed my BA boarding pass. ^
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: QR Plat, TK *G, AB G
Last month i flew BKK-DOH-OSL on QR and OSL-CPH-HAM on SK on a separarate ticket with approx 2.5h in OSL between my flights.

I asked the agent at the CI in BKK if she could label my bag to HAM.
She had to check with her supervisor and told me that due to the short connection they would do it.
I can only guess that they'd declined my request if the SK flight would had been 3h+ after my scheduled arrival time....
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:12 am

hegemonie thank you for your report adding more useful information to this matter. It is nice to see that Check-in agents are now being given tools to interline across reservations. It is indeed now becoming a very complicated matter indeed.
It is as though a famous London Smog has descended upon the entire check-in process!
I would like to remind everyone that since interlining between tickets is no longer required by IATA it is up to the individual check-in agent, and probably their supervisors, if they will interline or not.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: QR Plat, TK *G, AB G
Originally Posted by remdk
hegemonie thank you for your report adding more useful information to this matter. It is nice to see that Check-in agents are now being given tools to interline across reservations. It is indeed now becoming a very complicated matter indeed.
It is as though a famous London Smog has descended upon the entire check-in process!
I would like to remind everyone that since interlining between tickets is no longer required by IATA it is up to the individual check-in agent, and probably their supervisors, if they will interline or not.
I forgot to mention that the QR CI agent in BKK even provided me with the paper boarding passes for the SK flights ^
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:17 am

hegemonie boarding passes are not usually a problem just luggage!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Just to report back, as the OP... I was indeed unable to interline my bags between QR & BM, however it most certainly wasn't due to policy or a lack of will to do so.

The QR checkin manager at MAA has to be one of the helpful I have ever met! He tried for about 15mins, it transpires QR do not have an interline agreement with BM despite their website in above post suggesting they "interline with anyone."

As my MUC-BRS flight carries a Lufthansa codeshare he even tried that instead (QR do have an interline agreement with LH). This seemed to work & a tag was produced with BRS as final destination, however despite his efforts the tag kept reverting to the BM prime flight number for the final leg.

He said trying to interline to a flight on an airline without an interline agreement could result in QR being fined, so ultimately no cigar, which I totally understand & accept, but sincerely appreciated his efforts.

Do QR have an equivalent of ba.com/welldone ?

Last edited by Nikko5; Dec 20, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:42 pm

Nikko5 thank you for your feedback. You certainly highlight the difference in service levels between different groups within aviation. Hats off to the MAA staff.

You might like to use the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ce-thread.html to register your praise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.