Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food In economy and in general

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Food In economy and in general

When traveling airline in flight food becomes an important topic. Here there is an opportunity to comment, discuss, describe, complain about food in general and Economy class food.
Do you have a dish you will praise, or complain about? Do you wish to comment about the quality or quantity of food served? Do you have suggestions? It is here that they and other related in flight topics can be discussed.

If you want to talk about Business class food then http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post27504850 is the place to go. If you want a to comment First class food http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post27504837 is the place to go.

Under development.
If anyone wishes to help develop a Wiki to describe the purpose and contents of this thread please contact me.

Last edited by remdk; Dec 3, 2016 at 3:37 pm
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Reserved for future use
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:19 am
Suspended

....ing love the vanilla pancakes they serve for breakfast sometimes.

Pasta is ok.

Everything else is terrible.

End of thread.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:20 am
Suspended

Ok well maybe some more:

Most midhaul flights (i.e. Europe-DOH, Africa-DOH) have a full meal and then a sandwich/pastry - normally meal is served first, but if it's a night flight they may switch it around. Longer flights may even have two meals and a snack?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
I appreciate the effort of doing the meal service on DXB-DOH but that hot pocket thing with the tart (?) has become too damn boring. On rare occasion there is a wrap which is better.

The Kaiseki meal (in J) on JPN-origin flights is nice but that's for another thread.

Overall, I prefer the food on QR vs EK & EY - it always ranges from palatable to excellent (as far is airline meals go).

Ro
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:48 am

Chicken and rice from JFK-DOH was decent, dried out though. The hot pocket sandwich offering was good. From JNB - DOH they offered chicken or vegetarian of the sandwich (hot pocket like). I asked for chicken but there was no meat, just some corn and mushroom so I told FA that perhaps they got mixed up. He have me the vegetarian which was filled with veggies. Got another "chicken" one broke it open and not even a sliver. I'm assuming the vendor uses "chicken flavoring" from JNB.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:48 am
Suspended

Another rant:

Breakfast is usually served something like 2.5-2 hours before landing, even during night flights. Luckily as a privilege club silver+ or OWS+ they ask you beforehand, but on my latest flight to BRU (also - couldn't get an exit row seat, full flight, no upgrade), they didn't, and woke me up which annoyed me to no end.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I know we don't much like to talk about Economy around these parts, but I flew my first Y flight in a while earlier today and they handed out paper menus! It was a nice touch to have a proper description of each option (even if it still does come back to chicken or beef!).

Mind you, I'd still much rather have the pre-meal drinks run back

Attached Images  
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Meh... it's still plane food. As long as you set your expectations accordingly (low), you're fine. I found the QR food offerings decent.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
My favorite is the pasta dish (vegetarian option, almost always available even if you didn't request for a veg meal before your flight, just ask for pasta to FA) then the beef stew.
The red wine (Chilean, Gato Negro) is very good (and cheap : I could find find it for less than 4 EUR a bottle at my local supermarket) although I prefer the (85 EUR a bottle) Chateau Haut Smith Lafitte in J ;-)
Valrhona chocolate on Y tray is superior to the Godiva s..t they now give you in J instead of the previous Valrhona sampler.

Last edited by Matt4; Apr 7, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
As noted earlier, the warm sandwich and cake in a box is rather stale. Besides, on a 50 minute flight they could save themselves the trouble and expense by just removing the offering.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Also I've had KitKats instead of the Valrhona chocs in Y lately. Doesn't bother me - never really been a fan of the Valrhona (and was pleased to see Godiva back in J).
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:33 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I too much prefer the Godiva to the Valrhona. The Valrhona sampler just got too repetitive and boring. I'm also not a fan of the very dark chocolate in the Valrhona sampler. Got loads of Valrhona samplers lying at home from the QR j flights- felt compelled to bring them home but we prefer our supermarket Cadbury's bars to the Valrhona for everyday treats!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:49 pm

I know no one really cares about Y on QR.

But what is it with the 'cupcake (vanilla)' on the breakfast tray ex-DOH when the menu says 'fresh fruit', it's been on from the last menu cycle (APR-JUN) and I thought they would go back to fruit or update the menu but no, this cycle (JUL-SEP) still the same.

I know the cutlet of cut melon is not much, but still better than carb overload especially when you choose the bread pudding option (which has been improved from 'breakfast bar' but I'd still like to see return of pancakes). There's already a croissant (carb and fat) and yogurt (far too sweet).

And the promised new amenity kit in a printed ziplock bag? is it coming or is it just a marketing thing? the fabric pattern kit is getting real boring.

Also why is there no cream cheese on tray on ex-DOH far east flights but present on inbound?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:45 pm

Do they serve food more than once during longer flights like 4hours / 5 hours flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.