Wiki Posts
Search

"Seat map unavailable"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
"Seat map unavailable"

I have had both my DOH-BKK and back flights changed to a 777 as mentioned in previous threads. The first one that changed was my return to DOH for 3 December. This is the one where I can't see the seat map. Some time later the outbound flight was changed to the 777 with a seat map to see. Flying J. What gives? Currently seated in row 4 but would like to be a bit futher forward to avoid the proximity to the lav.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
sectflyer

You could try giving QR customer services a call - they've always been helpful with me when requesting a seat if for any reason I couldn't do it online!

Good Luck
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Be sure to check on expertflyer if the cabin is not full. The seatmap is inavouable if true.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sectflyer
I have had both my DOH-BKK and back flights changed to a 777 as mentioned in previous threads. The first one that changed was my return to DOH for 3 December. This is the one where I can't see the seat map. Some time later the outbound flight was changed to the 777 with a seat map to see. Flying J. What gives? Currently seated in row 4 but would like to be a bit futher forward to avoid the proximity to the lav.
This happens when all seats in the cabin are allocated or blocked. The seat map is unavailable as there are no other seats left for you to select. You can check on ExpertFlyer if this is indeed the case.

Also, bear in mind that the 777 has less seats in J than the A380 and may now be oversold. I suggest you check-in online 48 hours in advance and get to the airport early!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
This happens when all seats in the cabin are allocated or blocked. The seat map is unavailable as there are no other seats left for you to select. You can check on ExpertFlyer if this is indeed the case.

Also, bear in mind that the 777 has less seats in J than the A380 and may now be oversold. I suggest you check-in online 48 hours in advance and get to the airport early!
That's been my experience too. I flew DOH-MIA recently. No change of aircraft type involved. Initially I could choose my seat. When the J cabin filled up, the seat map was no longer available. Rows 1 & 5 are almost always blocked until check in, so you'll probably get to choose a seat in one of those rows.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_
Be sure to check on expertflyer if the cabin is not full. The seatmap is inavouable if true.
I can confirm this is true, if cabin is full - map is not available.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sectflyer
If you are on QR833 on 3rd Dec, I can confirm the same experience for no seat map in MMB. We are currently allocated 2F J K having been in row 12 when it was on the A380.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, how about this scenario:

I'm on QR134, PSA-DOH. Seatmap unavailable according to MMB.

Myflightsapp has picked up 4F on my reservation, but I'm not sure where this comes from since it doesn't show in Amadeus (checkmytrip can't see a seat assignment).

expertflyer shows row 2-3 as occupied, row 1 is blocked as it always is with QR. Row 4 does not exist.

So, expertflyer shows an A320 with 3 rows of business and economy cabin row 8-28. Theqatarsource has no such config listed.

I am assuming they will seat me in row 1 when the time comes. Or do I get to stand between row 3 and 8

And since 4F doesn't exists, where did that assignment come from?

Last edited by intuition; Sep 24, 2016 at 2:10 am
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition

Myflightsapp has picked up 4F on my reservation, but I'm not sure where this comes from since it doesn't show in Amadeus (checkmytrip can't see a seat assignment).

expertflyer shows row 2-3 as occupied, row 1 is blocked as it always is with QR. Row 4 does not exist.

So, expertflyer shows an A320 with 3 rows of business and economy cabin row 8-28. Theqatarsource has no such config listed.

I am assuming they will seat me in row 1 when the time comes. Or do I get to stand between row 3 and 8

And since 4F doesn't exists, where did that assignment come from?
If I were you, I would call them directly to at least be sure row1 will be blocked for you (assuming EF is correct)
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: A3,BA
Originally Posted by intuition

Oh... the horror of PSA-DOH. Huge discounts and small J cabin.
4F is probably a glitch on myflights app.
I have the same issue as well with both my PSA flights. One without any seat assignment and one in which I snatched the last unblocked seats and now shows unavailable. But in my case, myflights shows "none".
I don't think you have to worry about it too much. Just go to the airport early and ask them to seat you to row1 if you like.

The facts:
A320 has only 3 rows of business and 1st row is blocked (normaly) until (regular) check in.
The A320 that flies to PSA (for now) is with this config (12J120Y).

ps. Last week someone decided that wanted 2A for himself and pushed me & wife to 2EF (instead of 2A/3A).
I love QR. Never know what's going to happen. Makes waiting exciting !!!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Jeff_
If I were you, I would call them directly to at least be sure row1 will be blocked for you (assuming EF is correct)
Well, there is no panic, it is 7 months out and they always block row 1 AFAIK.

Originally Posted by jousis
The facts:
A320 has only 3 rows of business and 1st row is blocked (normaly) until (regular) check in.
Yeah, that is my experience too. Row1 is always bocked initially, sometimes released even before OLCI. I'll keep watching.

Originally Posted by jousis
The A320 that flies to PSA (for now) is with this config (12J120Y).
Yeah, so I figured too, but EF has this one down to econ starting at row 8 and ending at 28 so I was thinking maybe there is a new config coming online next year.
Oohh realising, that just might be a row number mismatch instead of 8-28 it is 10-30 and then it fits the "normal" A320 config.

Yeah, the "horror"!
I'm quite looking forward to this, my first narrowbody on QR. The 2+2 config is ample and I assume service will be every bit as good.
Just wouldn't wanna be bumped to the 3+3 section for 6 hours. Haven't done a longhaul in Y since 2001 and I'm surely not starting now!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Seat map not available since early August, expertflyer showing all seats taken and first row blocked. A380 swapped to B777.

I did OLCI for my QR836 to BKK, had 3 first row seats to choose from, took an aisle seat, don't want to be bothered with a bassinet being occupied

Now the 55min connection time....
Last time my bags did not make it, cross fingers, I have 3 kgs of Belgian (expensive) chocolates, can not put them all in my carry on...melting away at DOH airport in transit.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by tartempion
Now the 55min connection time....
Last time my bags did not make it, cross fingers, I have 3 kgs of Belgian (expensive) chocolates, can not put them all in my carry on...melting away at DOH airport in transit.
Unless you are going home with the same ticket get some insurance! I love the delayed bags and the compensations later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.