Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chances of switching flights (ex-LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Chances of switching flights (ex-LHR)

Dear all,

I am currently booked in J for the 777 departing LHR at 16:00 hrs. I also have a £150 voucher burning a hole in my pocket and expiring in about 3 months time.

What are the chances of me phoning Qatar and them allowing me to switch to the 15:15 hrs A380?

My current flight shows all J seats occupied.

FYI, I am booked in D class but booked via a corporate travel agent.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:16 am

d3vski I think you need to talk to corporate travel agent to find out. QR can not do much with a TA reservation only the TA can.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC
One thing I've learned this week is that bookings are handed over to the airline from the travel agent 96 hours before. Unsure if this also applies for corporate TAs, however! So maybe this is useful, maybe not!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I tried to take an earlier flight ex-LCA last month but was told once OLCI had been done (which I had completed the day before), there was no way to re-issue the ticket for a changed flight. There would have also been a fee for the change (also business, I-class). If this is the first segment of the itinerary, then it's worth contacting your TA and asking them to handle it...after all you did pay them a fee for making the booking and issuing your ticket. That's what they are there for.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I tried to take an earlier flight ex-LCA last month but was told once OLCI had been done (which I had completed the day before), there was no way to re-issue the ticket for a changed flight. There would have also been a fee for the change (also business, I-class). If this is the first segment of the itinerary, then it's worth contacting your TA and asking them to handle it...after all you did pay them a fee for making the booking and issuing your ticket. That's what they are there for.
Normally I would do this but when you work for an employer who negotiates an atrocious contract with the TA, I am reluctant to go via them simply because I cannot justify (to my employer) the ridiculous fees they ( the TA) would charge to change to a flight 45 mins earlier.

Hence, my preference to deal directly with Qatar!

If not possible, I get to enjoy the LHR Lounge that little bit longer!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by d3vski
Normally I would do this but when you work for an employer who negotiates an atrocious contract with the TA, I am reluctant to go via them simply because I cannot justify (to my employer) the ridiculous fees they ( the TA) would charge to change to a flight 45 mins earlier.

Hence, my preference to deal directly with Qatar!

If not possible, I get to enjoy the LHR Lounge that little bit longer!
I can confirm QR won't touch a ta booking until it goes under airport control. Im surprised about 96hrs as all other airlines I can think of do it between 24 and 72hrs before flight but QR sometimes like to differ!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:50 pm

I've done this at least a couple of times ex-LHR when I was booked on the baby bus (back in the day) to DOH and managed to ask charmingly at check-in if I could switch to the A380 service leaving 30 minutes or so earlier. Never had a problem. This was on a corporate TA ticket. No mention of change fees etc.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Problem solved!

Has to change the final destination of my flight due to unforeseen circumstances so now booked on the QR4 as that was the first reasonable option!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.