Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which BOS Lounge (OWE)?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 5:55 am

There is a way! Her boss is the BA Boston station manager, whose name and email can be found through diligent online research.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bedelman
There is a way! Her boss is the BA Boston station manager, whose name and email can be found through diligent online research.
AFAICT it's not a secret. Link. Much like the GM at a hotel, people in this role are the public face of their employer.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:57 pm

Still getting turned away at the BA lounge without appropriate OW status. Rudely too, I might add.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:13 pm

1. Flying Delta to Boston, land around 3pm.
  2. Flying Qatar to Doha, leaving around 9pm.
  3. QR opens around 6pm for ticketing.
  4. I am OWE.

Two questions for the experts -
1. I believe I can stay airside via the connector tunnel and avoid security check/hassle at BOS. Correct?
2. If I stay airside, I won't have my bp. How much trouble will I have getting into the BA or AF lounges with just my ITN?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:44 pm

Can’t you just get a mobile BP?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
Can’t you just get a mobile BP?
Don't think so. In my experience, leaving the USA, they want to physically scan your passport. I have tried before with QR, but that was a year or two ago. Great if I can do that, but I don't think it will happen.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:33 am
soy

Programs: various
Any recent data points about access to BA lounge in BOS for no-status member when flying QR J ?

I know departure overlaps with a BA 777, but imagine the lounge surely has capacity for a few more guests
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Any recent data points about access to BA lounge in BOS for no-status member when flying QR J ?

I know departure overlaps with a BA 777, but imagine the lounge surely has capacity for a few more guests
I believe as QR J with no status you get the Air France lounge. As an OWE, I go to the new BA lounge, as it is much nicer than the AF lounge. But I am pretty sure I get access because of the status.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:00 pm
soy

Originally Posted by Global321
I believe as QR J with no status you get the Air France lounge. As an OWE, I go to the new BA lounge, as it is much nicer than the AF lounge. But I am pretty sure I get access because of the status.
Per website it seems they are now using The Club in terminal E rather than the AF Lounge. Think I will give it a shot at getting into the BA lounge anyway, who knows they might be feeling generous
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soy
Think I will give it a shot at getting into the BA lounge anyway, who knows they might be feeling generous
I used the BA lounge on my last trip. Be forewarned that the lounge dragon at the entrance can be quite unpleasant. Stand your ground on your qualifications to enter, don't be deterred by what she says. She tried to deny me, and I ended up just telling her that I'm permitted to enter and walking by her (fully aware, however, that had she called police, it would have been a serious kerfuffle). Lounge staff told me that they are aware of her attitude and have spoken with management about her. Who knows, -- she may be gone by now.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I used the BA lounge on my last trip. Be forewarned that the lounge dragon at the entrance can be quite unpleasant. Stand your ground on your qualifications to enter, don't be deterred by what she says. She tried to deny me, and I ended up just telling her that I'm permitted to enter and walking by her (fully aware, however, that had she called police, it would have been a serious kerfuffle). Lounge staff told me that they are aware of her attitude and have spoken with management about her. Who knows, -- she may be gone by now.
Funny how timing is everything... I have hit the Boston BA lounge several times this year on QR flights and have had the opposite experience; I was always welcomed in without any issues. (It takes a minute to input the QR data, but that is a computer issue.)

I am OWE. Maybe the difference is the agent does not know OW Saphire is allowed in?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global321
I am OWE. Maybe the difference is the agent does not know OW Saphire is allowed in?
I'm OWE, too.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'm OWE, too.
So even more confusing. Maybe it is my charming personality.

Maybe she is gone already.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:40 pm
soy

Ha! no dice. She said only OWS/E get in when flying QR. I did point out OW rules about class of cabin access, but she was unmoved. I did not push it too hard as traveling with family and was only going to have 30mins in there anyway. Stopped by the official QR lounge instead (The Club at Terminal E). Dreadful. I think it may be worse than its sister lounge in Terminal C (though maybe without the mice).
The AF lounge is better, despite all its failings.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by soy
Ha! no dice. She said only OWS/E get in when flying QR. I did point out OW rules about class of cabin access, but she was unmoved. I did not push it too hard as traveling with family and was only going to have 30mins in there anyway. Stopped by the official QR lounge instead (The Club at Terminal E). Dreadful. I think it may be worse than its sister lounge in Terminal C (though maybe without the mice).
The AF lounge is better, despite all its failings.
Looking at the BA lounge rules for BA lounges, she may be right:
  • flying on a scheduled British Airways flight in First, business (Club World) or business (Club Europe)
  • a Silver or Gold Member* of the British Airways Executive Club on a scheduled flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworldŽ partners
  • an Emerald or Sapphire member* of any of the oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes on a scheduled flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners
  • over the age of 18 years, or if under 18 years you are accompanied by a responsible adult. (Local laws relating to the consumption of alcohol will apply.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.