Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How Quickly Would My Privilege Club Account Be Updated for Lounge Access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I'm interested to know how quickly my Privilege Club account would be updated in regards to lounge access?

I have bitten the bullet and decided to join this year's Globetrotter promotion. For the first period I am doing LHR-DOH-PER-MEL-DOH-LHR.

I am currently Silver (shamfully dropped last year, don't judge me), and I will attain 300 Qpoints on my MEL-DOH sector. Is it likely that I will be updated automatically to Gold upon completing the flight?

Am I correct though in thinking that Silver and Gold PC members both use the Business Class Lounge in Doha? Therefore it won't make a difference in whether I'm Silver or Gold?
Old May 23, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: QR Gold
both silver and gold members have access to the same lounge, so will not make a difference...

Regarding status, it updates straight away normally..
Old May 23, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
In flight

Typically, my points are credited mid-flight so they're in my account when I land. The new status also shows right away.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! I realised after posting that it wouldn't actually make a difference anyway.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Very quick, I was basic on my leg from Manchester to Doha and Silver on the connecting flight to Bangkok an hour later
Old May 24, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Having Just paid my first visit to the Oneworld First Lounge . I quicky left and went to the Buisness lounge which is IMHO preferable to the First Lounge as it is much bigger and served the same food and beverage as far as I could tell . Please note oneworld NOT the premium lounges .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.