Wiki Posts
Search

Doha Connection reduced to 1 Hour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by tartempion
Also unhappy only one A380 left to fly DOH-BKK. (two A380 legs changed to B777/300)
Thanks for the heads up, I was so looking forward to the A380, now it's a 3-4-3 777
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by tartempion
I flew Sunday 29 May BRU-DOH-BKK QR194-QR836 with a reduced connection time of 45 minutes. Received message Meet and Assist code HN.

Aircraft at BRU was ready to go 20 min before shedule but ATC did not allow and we left the gate 10 min late.

Parked on tarmac at Doha, wait for stairs, bus, then bus got into traffic jam waiting for an aircraft to find it's way to somewhere, went through the chaotic transfer area (even showing J boarding card) Had a fast walk to gate B3, was the last passenger to board at business gate, plane still left gate 30 min after scheduled dept time (waiting for some Y passengers?)

And on board service was 5* indeed, had an excellent 5 course meal and excellent staff on both legs, wine quality was less than last year though.
Billecart Salmon, Drapier, did not like the Vouvray and the German Riesling neither, a shame the Meursault, Pol Roger and even the Taitinger are gone.

Conclusion: Stressful trip, will avoid QR flights with connections less than 60 minutes at least.
I have two more returns to AMS booked, think some connections around 60 minutes.
Not planning any 2017 trips yet but will watch out for short connections and avoid QR if so.
Also unhappy only one A380 left to fly DOH-BKK. (two A380 legs changed to B777/300)
I was on that BKK flight, and my experience was pretty similar connecting from OSL. You didn't miss much if you were expecting a Meet & Assist! According to the flight deck announcement, the delay was due to offloading bags. I'm pretty certain the Y pax connecting from OSL wouldn't have made it

Agreed on your conclusion re: avoiding short connections, and also agree the Vouvray is pretty grim. Ended up switching to the supermarket Savvy B, as at least you know what you're getting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.