Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Auckland Cancellations Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: IBPLUS GOLLD
Yesterday I was rebooked free of charge to Syd, which is ok for us.
I got new E-tickets where the DOH-AKL segment no longer appears
Old May 31, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by squad
Update: QR is now rebooking free of charge either through HKG, SYD or MEL.
Good to hear that it was just a temporary pause to rebookings - as I fully expected. ^
Old May 31, 2016, 4:43 am

Do you know on which airlines? CX, QF? NZ as well?
Old May 31, 2016, 4:43 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
If only the QR Ambassador had advised people to wait and be a tad patient...

Oh wait, I did!

There is certain info which I am now provided with, from people within QR; but which I am not permitted to detail it specifically. However, I can give hints and tips...not that anyone listens!

I'm glad the info has now trickled down to the Customer Relations Phone Support Team.

I would advise FTers to call QR asap to make the necessary amendments you desire.

M
Old May 31, 2016, 4:46 am

If you look at the IATA website there is a comment on http://www.iata.org/policy/Documents...principles.pdf "The industry recognizes the right to re-routing, refunds or compensation in cases of denied boarding and cancellations, where circumstances are within the carrier’s control; " which makes the DOH-SYD solution appear to be possibly a breach of IATA regulations. But we need someone with sufficient IATA knowledge to comment.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by trilko
Do you know on which airlines? CX, QF? NZ as well?
the agent quickly explained the different options with HKG, MEL and SYD. i remember he mentioned QF and NZ but i have no further details about these options. HKG is with CX.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by remdk
...makes the DOH-SYD solution appear to be possibly a breach of IATA regulations. But we need someone with sufficient IATA knowledge to comment.
Absolutely, and it was also against their own Terms and Conditions, industry best-practice, and common sense.

So it was only a matter of time before they were bounced into an equitable solution.

Whether or not the threat of action to recover replacement tickets was neffective in inducing the bounce, I know not.

But I note this is the 3rd or 4th attempt at service recovery: indeed we are now back to version one. Let's hope the shambles is not about to recycle.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:02 am

Thank you all for the update, policy change was just confirmed by QR hotline. It was well worth waiting. All solved to my satisfaction:

Any routing through HKG, SYD or MEL is now acceptable acc. to QR, airlines can be CX, QF LA and even NZ. Unfortunately the routing via PER is no longer allowed, so well.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Good to see sense prevailing in sunny Doha - and thanks to those who have kept this thread updated with accurate intelligence.

Now I shall just have to watch the AKL launch date closely. If it slips to beyond Easter 2017, then I will need to re-route Mrs Map and me while hoping of course, that QR's reinstated pragmatism continues into next year.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by sonicfly
antipest, I had the same three days after re-routing...after three days Qatar changed my flight status on SYD - DOH segment to "Not confirmed"

but interesting that I have confirmed seats on all segments
I'm having the same problem with my AA booking that was re-routed through SYD-DOH.

Why does it say "unconfirmed"?
Old May 31, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Mapman
Good to see sense prevailing in sunny Doha - and thanks to those who have kept this thread updated with accurate intelligence.

Now I shall just have to watch the AKL launch date closely. If it slips to beyond Easter 2017, then I will need to re-route Mrs Map and me while hoping of course, that QR's reinstated pragmatism continues into next year.
I share your hope - also going in Easter 2017
Old May 31, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

I would advise FTers to call QR asap to make the necessary amendments you desire.

M
Great news. Only just seen the update, is there a contact number available now or best to wait until tomorrow to contact QR in the UK?
Old May 31, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by highlandguy
Great news. Only just seen the update, is there a contact number available now or best to wait until tomorrow to contact QR in the UK?
My personal advice would be to call the office in Qatar (+974 4023 0000) which is open 24 hours-a-day. If you use Skype, the call wont be too pricey.

That being said, you can of course give the UK team a call in the morning when they open.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
My personal advice would be to call the office in Qatar (+974 4023 0000) which is open 24 hours-a-day. If you use Skype, the call wont be too pricey.

That being said, you can of course give the UK team a call in the morning when they open.
Ok that wasn't very successful. The Customer service rep in Qatar didn't know anything about it and after being put on hold for 15 mins so she could talk with her supervisor I was cut off. Think I will wait for the UK to open tomorrow
Old May 31, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by highlandguy
Ok that wasn't very successful. The Customer service rep in Qatar didn't know anything about it and after being put on hold for 15 mins so she could talk with her supervisor I was cut off. Think I will wait for the UK to open tomorrow
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that.

Give the UK team a ring tomorrow, but have a read through today's posts to ensure you ask, specifically, for your preferred routing.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.