Search

Fast track immigration at DOH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Gold
Fast track immigration at DOH

Hi all,
I have a fast track landing card which was given to me for a flight coming into DXB a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately fast track was closed and i spent 2 hours of hell (from 0330 - 0530) stuck in the queue .

I have a QR flight landing at DOH from GYD at 1am in a couple of weeks and I'd be keen to avoid a similar experience when going through immigration. Does anyone know if I can use the same card? If so, can anyone advise which queue to join? Will it be the Al Maha lane on the right?

Thanks in advance
Wanderlust_tim
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:40 pm

Yes you can reuse the card. There's a large placard that says Fast Track. Last time I went through there were only 2 people in line so the guy at the entrance of the line told me to keep the card for next time.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
If you are a QR First or Business Class passenger, you can use the Arrivals section to the far left of the immigration hall which has snacks and drinks as well as its own immigration desks.

There is almost nobody ever using it, once I have had to wait for a couple of people in wheelchairs to pass before me.

It is MUCH faster than the general F/J, Fast Track line.

It is ONLY available to QR F/J passengers.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Since end of march, you can buy a 200QAR voucher at the desk situated in the middle of the immigration hall and use the business class immigration section. I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I was on my way within minutes.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:55 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
There is almost nobody ever using it, once I have had to wait for a couple of people in wheelchairs to pass before me.
That depends on the time of day in my experience. I've seen it range from no queue to queues 10-15 deep in there (they generally only have 1 or 2 desks open). On one occasion I came back out and went into the standard First/Business queue, although the guy there tried persuading me to go back to the QR section. After a short discussion I persuaded him that wasn't a good idea.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:56 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Yes you can reuse the card. There's a large placard that says Fast Track. Last time I went through there were only 2 people in line so the guy at the entrance of the line told me to keep the card for next time.
I've always been asked to show my Business or First BP. If the OP is travelling in Economy he may have a problem using that.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
What about oneworld Sapphire/Emeralds?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:40 am

miamiflyer8 there is the QR/Al Maha airside arrivals lounge where the staff do all the running around and you just sit and relax. This is for QR First and Business passengers only. There is in the main immigration hall a fast track for First and Business class passengers, and it appears by invitation. and there is the 'ordinary' immigration. What the circumstances and conditions were for receiving the fast track invitation? Maybe wanderlust_tim could elaborate a little.

The arrivals lounge is for QR premium class passengers only No OWE or OWS there. The ordinary fast track is for all premium class passengers plus by invitation. ONE of the criteria for an invitation could be OW status but like everything else with QR no one is sure. Oneworld have NO fast track priviledges listed for DOH!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by remdk
miamiflyer8 there is the QR/Al Maha airside arrivals lounge where the staff do all the running around and you just sit and relax. This is for QR First and Business passengers only. There is in the main immigration hall a fast track for First and Business class passengers, and it appears by invitation. and there is the 'ordinary' immigration. What the circumstances and conditions were for receiving the fast track invitation? Maybe wanderlust_tim could elaborate a little.

The arrivals lounge is for QR premium class passengers only No OWE or OWS there. The ordinary fast track is for all premium class passengers plus by invitation. ONE of the criteria for an invitation could be OW status but like everything else with QR no one is sure. Oneworld have NO fast track priviledges listed for DOH!
Interesting explanation, definitely agree that QR is always inconsistent.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Any experience recently at DOH immigration? I am flying in on an AA award ticket in QR Business Class, landing around 5pm.

How long is the wait usually? I am trying to decide if I should get a hotel outside of the airport for my long layover, or just use the expensive airport hotel that is air side.

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Any experience recently at DOH immigration? I am flying in on an AA award ticket in QR Business Class, landing around 5pm.

How long is the wait usually? I am trying to decide if I should get a hotel outside of the airport for my long layover, or just use the expensive airport hotel that is air side.

Cheers.
Going through the regular immigration channels, which are very busy at around the time you arrive, can take up to one hour.

However, if you are in QR J you will have access to the dedicated immigration area for QR First and Business Class passengers. I have never used it, but if it is like Al-Maha (complimentary for QR PC Platinum members), on the other side of the arrivals area, you should be through in a few minutes: it is just a matter of paying for your visa, if you haven't gotten one already through QR, and then putting your carry-on through a scanner and going through a metal detector.

If your flight is the next morning, I would definitely go with a hotel outside the airport, such as the Oryx Rotana; this is a cheaper option than the overpriced airside hotel.

Also, returning to the terminal through the dedicated Al-Maha immigration/security area was a breeze in the morning. I imagine it will be much the same for you at the QR immigration/security channel for F and J pax. Have your Uber or hotel shuttle driver drop you off at the first entrance in the departures area (door number 1).
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by De_Warens
Going through the regular immigration channels, which are very busy at around the time you arrive, can take up to one hour.

However, if you are in QR J you will have access to the dedicated immigration area for QR First and Business Class passengers. I have never used it, but if it is like Al-Maha (complimentary for QR PC Platinum members), on the other side of the arrivals area, you should be through in a few minutes: it is just a matter of paying for your visa, if you haven't gotten one already through QR, and then putting your carry-on through a scanner and going through a metal detector.

If your flight is the next morning, I would definitely go with a hotel outside the airport, such as the Oryx Rotana; this is a cheaper option than the overpriced airside hotel.

Also, returning to the terminal through the dedicated Al-Maha immigration/security area was a breeze in the morning. I imagine it will be much the same for you at the QR immigration/security channel for F and J pax. Have your Uber or hotel shuttle driver drop you off at the first entrance in the departures area (door number 1).
Great info. Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624

Cheers.
Just got back from our trip. We used the arrivals lounge as we were traveling in J. Arrival was around 2 pm from SIN. NOBODY was in the lounge! There was only one immigration desk open, but that was all they needed. The snacks were pretty sparse...still nice to have a quite separate area with free drinks, munchies (muffins, pre-packaged banana bread), newspapers, magazines, etc. Much quieter than the normal immigration area, which at that time still wasn't too crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.