Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worthwhile contacting CS downgrade.... ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold
Worthwhile contacting CS downgrade.... ?

I know that QR customer service is not great, but they were really good at sorting me an upgrade last night (did have to call 3 times though)...

Anyway, I was downgraded from Gold to Silver this morning, but my next trip is in less than a week away and once i return (away for a week) i will be back up to gold again. Is it worthwhile contacting customer service to see if i can keep gold for the extra milage for this next trip Or will they just say no?

If they do say yes i am hoping to upgrade a leg to Business as currently they seems to have lots of available to/from BHX (flying from BHX for the first time on Saturday).
Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cundall
I know that QR customer service is not great, but they were really good at sorting me an upgrade last night (did have to call 3 times though)...

Anyway, I was downgraded from Gold to Silver this morning, but my next trip is in less than a week away and once i return (away for a week) i will be back up to gold again. Is it worthwhile contacting customer service to see if i can keep gold for the extra milage for this next trip Or will they just say no?

If they do say yes i am hoping to upgrade a leg to Business as currently they seems to have lots of available to/from BHX (flying from BHX for the first time on Saturday).
Look at it from their point of view, if they let you maintain Gold based on your future plans what happens if something prevents you turning up for your flights next week? Also, you'll be earning Gold QMiles when you're actually a Silver, not fair on other Gold or Silver members really.

There's no harm in trying, but I wouldn't expect much.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold
Yes i can understand that, fired them off an email - will see what happens... all they can do is say no and i will be back at Gold in 2 weeks anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.