Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Premium Transfer Terminal"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
"Premium Transfer Terminal"

Checked in online for our DXB-DOH-EDI flights and the Boarding Pass has "Premium Transfer Terminal" inside a Burgundy colured box and also has "Burgundy" printed on it. I've searched and the only reference to "Premium Transfer Terminal" I can find seems to apply to the old airport. Am I missing something?

We arrive at 19:50 tonight and depart at 07:30 tomorrow and have booked a room at the Transit Hotel. I assume we will be able to use the Al Mourjan Lounge tonight to get something to eat? We plan on going straight from the hotel to gate in the morning.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Yes, old information, you will transfer through the new airport and if have access to the Al Mourn can use it as you wish.

As you have booked the airport hotel you may use either.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:04 pm

Gaza typical QR! Since it neither flies nor glorifies ABB it is ignored. This is a remainder from the old airport which closed 21 months ago. What it means today is that you have access to one of the two premium class lounges Al Mourjan and Al Safwa.

QR colour coded boarding passes and cabin baggage tags both in the old as well as the new airport to ease identification. This was essential at the old airport where arrivals, premium transfers, other transfers and satellite transfers were separate buildings. And separate stops on the bus from the aircraft.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Thanks both. I had a strong suspicion it was a legacy from the old airport. It seems bizarre that they haven't updated their IT systems. 😦😦

Will we have access to the Al Safwa Lounge as we are in Economy on the DXB-DOH leg and Business Class on DOH-LHR?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:54 am

Gaza you will NOT have access to Al Safwa because you do not hold a First class BP departing DOH. You will however have access to Al Mourjan using your J boarding passes departing DOH.

It is not just IT that has not updated things. It is said that the signs on the lounges in the yet to be opened North node say Silver, Gold, Business and First. which were the pre OW names.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by remdk
Gaza you will NOT have access to Al Safwa because you do not hold a First class BP departing DOH. You will however have access to Al Mourjan using your J boarding passes departing DOH.

It is not just IT that has not updated things. It is said that the signs on the lounges in the yet to be opened North node say Silver, Gold, Business and First. which were the pre OW names.
What about arriving F pax who are departing in J...do they have access to F lounge? I am a oneworld Emerald so am hoping so as I would like to use the sleeping rooms. My transfer on a paid J ticket is 7 hours and 25 minutes, just under the free hotel room cutoff, but still want to have a place to sleep quietly.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What about arriving F pax who are departing in J...do they have access to F lounge? I am a oneworld Emerald so am hoping so as I would like to use the sleeping rooms. My transfer on a paid J ticket is 7 hours and 25 minutes, just under the free hotel room cutoff, but still want to have a place to sleep quietly.
I don't think so, they are pretty strict about access and you need to be travelling on in First.

"Note: Al Safwa First Lounge is only available to First Class ticketed customers on Qatar Airways and other oneworld member flights."
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If I recall correctly, you can access Al Safwa only if your previous F ticket was for a flight of over 5 hrs (BKK,CDG,LHR...)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Just take a look at the wiki for the F lounge thread, it is all detailed. Basically, if you arrive in F from LHR, CDG, BKK, SYD (and MEL when they switch to the A380) yes, if you arrive from Middle Eastern F (DXB, AUH, CAI, etc) then no.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:24 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
As the main subject of this thread was regarding the old QR Terminals, I think it best to Close this thread.

A significant amount of information can be found in the QR Dashboard.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.