Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Does QR now support Passbook/Apple Wallet ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum

Regular QR flyer here. I love using mobile boarding passes but QR mobile boarding passes are honestly a nuisance. Recently, the QR app on my iPhone was updated and there's now a little icon in the App Store that says "This app supports Wallet." I don't have any upcoming QR bookings but was wondering if anyone here can confirm whether QR mobile boarding passes can be added to Passbook/Wallet ?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Do they even allow you to have mobile BPs? I gave up on anything except QR-stock BPs after using printed BPs a few times where I got through security etc. alright but at check in, they always printed new BPs for me in order to give me a QR-style BP and the wallet indicating premium/non-premium.

That being said, my latest web check-in email from 1 month ago has no link to any passbook things, just a pdf.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Checked in for my Saturday flight earlier using the app, nothing about adding to Wallet was displayed, just the regular option to email me the PDF.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
even thou the offical app supports apple walllet , doesnt mean QR choose to use it .....
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Update: QR app was just updated on my iPhone and the description now says "Add your mobile boarding pass to Apple Wallet" ! Finally !
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by baflyer2
Update: QR app was just updated on my iPhone and the description now says "Add your mobile boarding pass to Apple Wallet" ! Finally !
Hooray! Thanks for the update - can confirm I've just successfully added my boarding passes for my QR flights later today to Apple Wallet
Old Mar 22, 2016, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Does the mobile BP properly display Privilege Club/oneworld tier? In addition, can it be added to Wallet directly from the QR app?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by baflyer2
Does the mobile BP properly display Privilege Club/oneworld tier? In addition, can it be added to Wallet directly from the QR app?
Status is not shown on the front of my boarding passes - but if you click the "information" button your FF number and status will be on the flip side. And yes, you can add to Apple Wallet directly from the QR app.

Funnily enough on my locked screen the time shown is incorrect - it is showing as 2 hours prior to the actual flight time. I initially thought my flight had had a last minute time change earlier when I glanced at my locked phone!!

Also, I would advise people to also take a paper boarding pass for the time being - until QR staff are familiar with the mobile passes - as my mobile pass wouldn't scan for entrance to Al Mourjan and I had to show my paper pass at the desk. I'm sure at the lounge they would have printed a copy if need be, but easier just to take one at check-in if you're at the desk anyway.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:32 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
How can I see all of my upcoming bookings & add them to my calendar from the App? Cannot see a way (easily) to do this
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:26 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
How can I see all of my upcoming bookings & add them to my calendar from the App? Cannot see a way (easily) to do this
Anyone? Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Anyone? Thanks!
I don't see any option to add a trip to the calendar from the QR app. It is however very easy to do so from third party apps such as the Checkmytrip-App.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:47 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by WorldLux
I don't see any option to add a trip to the calendar from the QR app. It is however very easy to do so from third party apps such as the Checkmytrip-App.
^ for the answer. to QR..
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:29 pm

Just checked in via app for LHR-DOH-AKL. Can't find any option to add to passbook/wallet, but have received PDF and SMS msg. How do I get the iPhone wallet boarding passes?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Usually after I check-in using the app, there's a confirmation page that displays a barcode with the "Add to Apple Wallet" icon right below. You may also find it in the "My trips" section
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Just because the option is there, doesn't mean QR use it! On my last four legs was given paper boarding passes and they refused to use the Passbook boarding passes because they "wouldn't scan"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.