Wiki Posts
Search

Short transit time Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Short transit time Doha

I am about to book flights to/ex US from Africa with relatively short connection times. I will be flying J with a spouse requiring wheelchair assistance. Is one and a half hours enough time between flights?

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
More than enough if your inbound flight is on time. The published min connect time is 45 mins and that's perfectly achievable for an able-bodied person. The airport is designed for 95% connecting traffic and you may even get some lounge time.

I have no personal experience of the assistance services at DOH, but it's unlikely to delay you significantly. Just confirm that the request has been recorded when you check-in.

(I'm assuming you are connecting between two QR flights).
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a data point, we arrived at gate E3 last week in J and someone in the cabin needed wheelchair assistance. They made it to the lounge before we did.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:36 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Also, for connecting flights ie JNB-DOH-USA (I'm assuming it's SA you're flying from here), they will make sure that you can make it onto your second leg of the journey. If not they will put you onto the next available flight.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:35 am

dwugson absolutely no problem. The wheelchair service in DOH is extremely efficient and friendly. I had to use the service recently. From arrival to lounge was just 15 mins. From lounge to seat, via a bus gate, under 30 mins. So even the MCT of 45 min. is possible.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Thanks all - flying ex Nairobi then returning to JNB - looks like I should have no problem!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.