Wiki Posts
Search

Unused Miles - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR-SL, EK, TG, BA
Unused Miles - what to do?

Hi Folks, I Have 15,436 Q Miles and due to a change of residence I am unlikely to use QR in the future. I now fly BA (OneWorld) and wondered if there is a way to transfer the miles. Or another way to use them other than book a reward through BA
Thanks in advance for any tips. Robin
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by rhr46flyer
Hi Folks, I Have 15,436 Q Miles and due to a change of residence I am unlikely to use QR in the future. I now fly BA (OneWorld) and wondered if there is a way to transfer the miles. Or another way to use them other than book a reward through BA
Thanks in advance for any tips. Robin
You can transfer Qmiles to other PC members.

More info here: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...r+qmiles.page?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:35 am

You can use it to buy duty free
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Firstclasser
You can use it to buy duty free
Is there a fixed rate of exchange for this?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Is there a fixed rate of exchange for this?
As per website: "The number of Qmiles required for a product at Qatar Duty Free may vary depending on the current membership tier of the passenger, product category and the brand that you seek to purchase.

For details of prices in Qmiles, please visit Qatar Duty Free located at the departures and arrivals areas of Hamad International Airport. The Qatar Duty Free staff will be more than happy to assist you and provide the price information."

This seems true as I can't find a pattern when I was window shopping last time using QMiles.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by boarding_pass
As per website: "The number of Qmiles required for a product at Qatar Duty Free may vary depending on the current membership tier of the passenger, product category and the brand that you seek to purchase.

For details of prices in Qmiles, please visit Qatar Duty Free located at the departures and arrivals areas of Hamad International Airport. The Qatar Duty Free staff will be more than happy to assist you and provide the price information."

This seems true as I can't find a pattern when I was window shopping last time using QMiles.
In December, (Silver) 150 USD for 22K Qmiles
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Amazing! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.