Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Not upgraded to Silver tier - 160 points earned!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist

I have earned 160 qpoints in my Privilege Club membership. However, the system still classifies me as a Burgundy member as opposed to a Silver member.

I have already sent them an e-mail regarding this and awaiting their response. Has any one experienced this in the past? I am not happy about having to chase the airline to get my privileges....... I could have taken my last flight with EK and became gold rather than silver with QR
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I have earned 160 qpoints in my Privilege Club membership. However, the system still classifies me as a Burgundy member as opposed to a Silver member.

I have already sent them an e-mail regarding this and awaiting their response. Has any one experienced this in the past? I am not happy about having to chase the airline to get my privileges....... I could have taken my last flight with EK and became gold rather than silver with QR
Don't worry e-mail to them and they will change your status for you.

My status not automatic to change because my qpionts delayed to post in my account.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
To reach Silver status, you must have 150 Qpoints AND at least 20%=30 of these Qpoints earned with QR flights (or have flown at least 4 QR flights). These flights must be either marketed or operated by QR which means any code share is ok. You can use the Tier Calculator to check if you meet these requirements and in that case they will favorably answer your request in a few days and grant you Silver status :-)

Last edited by Matt4; Dec 3, 2015 at 12:09 am
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4
To reach Silver status, you must have 150 Qpoints AND at least 20%=30 of these Qpoints earned with QR flights (or have flown at least 4 QR flights). These flights must be either marketed or operated by QR which means any code share is ok. You can use the Tier Calculator to check if you meet these requirements and in that case they will favorably answer your request in a few days and grant you Silver status :-)
I have earned my points by oneworld alliance (CX, RJ, and UL flights.) Does that mean that I'm not entitled for silver status?

This is ridiculous and unfair. I could have easily earned gold with Skywards rather than aim for silver for Privilege Club.....

Is this how I am rewarded for my loyalty to OneWorld alliance?

Last edited by aceboy44; Dec 3, 2015 at 2:15 am
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
I have earned my points by oneworld alliance (CX, RJ, and UL flights.) Does that mean that I'm not entitled for silver status?

This is ridiculous and unfair. I could have easily earned gold with Skywards rather than aim for silver for Privilege Club.....
Not really unfair . Most FP programs require some earnings on their own metal to gain status .
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:22 am

aceboy44 The rules regarding tier upgrade are to be found on http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr...nts%20new.page .
To qualify for a tier upgrade then either 4 sectors or 20% of your Qpoints must have been on QR operated flights OR codeshare flights where the QR flight number is used on your ticket.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:36 am

I would happily stick with Emirates than Qatar Airways after looking at the pictures of Al-Safwa.

I guess I will just use my miles in my Privilege Club for a KWI - DOH - KWI trip and then toss away my card for good.
Weren't you quitting QR?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: QR Gold

Didn't the horrible, horrendous "lack" of marble in the lounge made you quit QR?

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
Weren't you quitting QR?
Wasn't he sticking with Kuwait Airways or something? And earned 160 Qpoints; which means he must've completed two long haul trips or a bunch of short haul hops.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:11 am

Is this how I am rewarded for my loyalty to OneWorld alliance?
One World members have their own loyalty schemes, but OW itself does not have its own scheme. You join the one that you expect to use most, with miles and points earned on other OW carriers being regarded as a nice bonus. But OW carriers will not grant status based almost entirely on flights taken with other OW partners, who in reality they are often in competition with! QR's criteria that four flights or 20% of points must be earned on their metal is entirely fair, and quite generous in my opinion.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

So, if I do KWI - DOH - KWI will I get silver tier? I have done KWI - DOH - KWI one time with QR (2 sectors) so if i do it again can I become silver by default (system?)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

So, if I do KWI - DOH - KWI will I get silver tier? I have done KWI - DOH - KWI one time with QR (2 sectors) so if i do it again can I become silver by default (system?)
no. you should quit QR in protest
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:58 pm

This is ridiculous and unfair.
How is you not reading (or understanding) the Ts and Cs ridiculous and unfair?

As with most of your other stories, you'll find the only person due any blame is you.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:21 pm

What is the point of even crediting points to PC if you don't even fly on QR? redemption and earning with oneworld carriers is pretty bad and you cant use qr miles to upgrade on other carriers
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
It is pantomime season
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
First he bashes Qatar and now he collects points to the PC club to get silver and still complain because he cant understand the T&C? Dafuq?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.