Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Preference based on Tier Level

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 am

In my experience it is automatic, but I am starting to notice that it often happens only closer to departure time (timing is not consistent, sometimes is 4 days before, sometimes less). I exclusively travel in business class.

I am often travelling with a colleague, friend or family member on separate bookings. Normally they have no status. If I move myself around the cabin , I can see that the seat next to mine (when there are 2 seats together, i.e. not on A380 or B787 window seats):
1) immediately shows as blocked on ExpertFlyer;
2) my non-status travel companions cannot select it (so I need to move myself, make them select the seat next to the one I want, and then move myself back there).

Again, this seat blocking now seems to be automatically kicking in only 2, 3 or 4 days prior to departure.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Since the blocking now only happens a few days before departure, I have a question about moving non-status passengers already booked into a seat.

Let's say a Gold/Plat selects a seat which has an empty seat next to it at booking time. A few weeks later someone books the seat next to the Gold/Plat. Assume that at that point, all groups of 2 seats (2x2x2) are 2/2 occupied or 1/2 occupied. Nothing 0/2 occupied.

Let's further assume that many passengers in the 1/2 occupied are non-status.

My question is whether QR will move non-status passengers in the 1/2 occupied to make them 2/2 occupied at check-in, and move Gold/Plat travelling alone in the 1/2 occupied?

I would guess not, but just checking. Several non-status passengers do not even select their seat at booking time and do not care that much, so they could be moved and would not even know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.