Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QPoints and QMiles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:12 am

ex-koelner Have you just joined the "Earn 2,000 bonus Qmiles upon your first online booking" promotion? this could explain the extra 2000 miles. By all means make a retro claim for the missing Qpoints. Remember that you earn more Qmiles with a higher status.

The above promotion, which continues 'for ever' gives an extra 2000 Qmiles with your first on-line booking and 500 for each subsequent booking. These are added to the miles earned for the first flight of every reservation.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
ex-koelner Have you just joined the "Earn 2,000 bonus Qmiles upon your first online booking" promotion? this could explain the extra 2000 miles. By all means make a retro claim for the missing Qpoints. Remember that you earn more Qmiles with a higher status.

The above promotion, which continues 'for ever' gives an extra 2000 Qmiles with your first on-line booking and 500 for each subsequent booking. These are added to the miles earned for the first flight of every reservation.
Is this offer still active? I can't remember the last time the 500 Qmiles was credited to my account! I may have a retro claim coming up...
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: LH FTL

I cannot remember that I've signed in for any promotion, furthermore, I've booked the flight before I joined Privilege Club and added my number only later to the existing booking. But if they automatically add the bonus to the first flight, that might be the explanation. Thank you.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:15 am

impeymac yes it is still active and, in fact, still advertised to members.

The points used to be credited on a separate post in your account but that changed some time ago such that they are added to Qmiles for the first flight of a PNR when shown in 'Latest activities' and still as a separate post under 'view statement'.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:20 am

ex-koelner as explained in my post to impeymac "The points used to be credited on a separate post in your account but that changed some time ago such that they are added to Qmiles for the first flight of a PNR when shown in 'Latest activities' and still as a separate post under 'view statement'."

If you use 'View statement' then you may get an explanation.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:57 am

impeymac yes it is still active and, in fact, still advertised to members.

The points used to be credited on a separate post in your account but that changed some time ago such that they are added to Qmiles for the first flight of a PNR when shown in 'Latest activities' and still as a separate post under 'view statement'.

Hmm, I think I may have a small problem. The Qmiles total for my LHR-DOH & return legs are shown as the same, which indicates the 500 Qmiles aren't being credited & The statement has no mention either.

Anyone else showing similar?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:21 am

impeymac mine show just fine in my statement " On-line Booking Bonus 500 "
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:54 am

impeymac mine show just fine in my statement " On-line Booking Bonus 500 "
Thanks for that remdk, time to do some chasing I think.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:15 am

impeymac they do not show on 'Latest activities' only under 'View statement' !
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:53 am

Yes, I understood that from your earlier post.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: Qatar Privilege Club
I have qmiles expiring not that much and I can make a flight with them + some cash I wonder if I get any qmiles and qpoints for these types of flights?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Qpoints on PAID Upgrades

Oh Wise QR FT Sages,

I am a Silver QR Member with 265 Q Points earned in the past 9 months...just 35 Q Points from Gold Status.

I have a business trip planned at month end and My employer's TA booked me into S Class on QR as follows DMM-DOH-DWC-DOH-DMM. This RoundTrip Itinerary will earn me 28 Q Points...just 7 short of Gold.

I received an email to upgrade from Economy to First (no Business Class on these segments) on line for each segment. The upgrades aren't cheap; they ran about $390 each segment. But wait, if I upgrade on only one segment in First, I will earn an additional 40 Q Points, pushing me solidly into Gold Status...right ???. So I upgrade the first segment DMM-DOH. I get an updated e-Ticket (same ticket number as before) but this time it lists the first segment in "A" Class-First. However, when I look at the Fare basis it still lists a 6 digit number with the first letter being "S".

So, on a PAID upgrade, will I get additional Q Points based on the class flown for the DMM-DOH segment (i.e. "A" Class) or the Fare Basis listed Sxxxxx ?

My QR Priviledge Club Program Guide states the following: " The number of Q Points earned depends on your origin, destination, airline and BOOKING CLASS." My new UPGRADE eticket lists "CLASS FIRST(A)" Fare basis SHHQB01X.

Your kind replies and insight, especially those with personal experience or knowledge of the QR rules, are most greatly appreciated.

Last edited by gpicur; Jan 15, 2017 at 2:24 am Reason: Additional Information
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by gpicur
I received an email to upgrade from Economy to First (no Business Class on these segments) on line for each segment.

So, on a PAID upgrade, will I get additional Q Points based on the class flown for the DMM-DOH segment (i.e. "A" Class) or the Fare Basis listed Sxxxxx ?

My QR Priviledge Club Program Guide states the following: " The number of Q Points earned depends on your origin, destination, airline and BOOKING CLASS." My new UPGRADE eticket lists "CLASS FIRST(A)" Fare basis SHHQB01X.

Your kind replies and insight, especially those with personal experience or knowledge of the QR rules, are most greatly appreciated.
This one is unfortunately crystal clear. Somewhere in the terms for the paid upgrade, it says that you will NOT earn for the upgraded class, but only for the originally booked class.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (but if I wasn't, somebody else would have)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:42 am

Could somebody please tell me if ,subject to availability, Biz class R tickets are eligible for upgrades to First using Q Points/Credits.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by chokdee
Could somebody please tell me if ,subject to availability, Biz class R tickets are eligible for upgrades to First using Q Points/Credits.

Many thanks.
I upgraded from J to F late last year on an R ticket using QCredits. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.