Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Hi from the new QR Ambassador - Time for a forum tidy-up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hi from the new QR Ambassador - Time for a forum tidy-up

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:18 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by endet
First of all, congrats to your new role as Ambassador. I have read many helpful posts from you in the past. Therefore I believe you will do good in this role.

Secondly, and please all keep this in mind: readers on the mobile FT app are not able to see the the WIKIs. The post containing the WIKI is visible but the content of the WIKI is not.
This is sometimes a bit confusing when people are pointed to the WIKI to find the answer to a question they have.
Hi endet,

Thanks for your kind post.

In terms of FT Mobile users, I accept that the WIKI's do not always show up. However, by requesting your mobile to show the 'Desktop Version' of FT, you should be able to view the WIKI (at least I can on my Android phone).

The alternative, may well be to create Post 1, within a WIKI thread, as an identical copy of the WIKI information.

M
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hi endet,

Thanks for your kind post.

In terms of FT Mobile users, I accept that the WIKI's do not always show up. However, by requesting your mobile to show the 'Desktop Version' of FT, you should be able to view the WIKI (at least I can on my Android phone).

The alternative, may well be to create Post 1, within a WIKI thread, as an identical copy of the WIKI information.

M
Hi MSM2000,

I am talking specifically about the FlyerTalk app available for Android.

While you can request the desktop site if you read the forum via a web browser on your phone. The same is not working if you use the app.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hi MSM2000,

I am talking specifically about the FlyerTalk app available for Android.

While you can request the desktop site if you read the forum via a web browser on your phone. The same is not working if you use the app.
Ah, fair point.

I don't use the App for FT, but will download it (I actually thought it had been decommissioned!).

Would you be happy with my suggestion of putting the WIKI info into Post 1 of the thread?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:43 pm

Ah, fair point.

I don't use the App for FT, but will download it (I actually thought it had been decommissioned!).

Would you be happy with my suggestion of putting the WIKI info into Post 1 of the thread?
Sure, I am happy with it. Even a note that this post contains a WIKI.

I just checked the forum via chrome on my mobile phone and the WIKI will not be displayed even when requesting the desktop version. I did not try any other webbrowser so far.

Also, the WIKI sticker (the blue small picture) will not appear when using a mobile browser. I believe it has something to do with the theme used for the website.

I suggest to put the word WIKI in the thread title itself and not to rely on this blue sticker.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Dear Ambassador,

First of all - CONGRATS!

IMHO the sticky that needs attention is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...d-lounges.html

The data there is very old and misleading:

Stockholm - Menzies - wrong - it is now even more mediocre Swedavia Lounge (upstairs after immigration)
Buenos Airlines - United Lounge - it was closed some 3-4 years ago when the connector between AR and non-AR terminals was built and Star Alliance opened its lounge there
Istanbul - BA Lounge - it was closed some 2 years ago etc. etc. etc.

With all due respect - why do we need this list at all, when there is a very nice (and fairly accurate, with the exception of SAW and CAI) lounge directory on QR website - http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

And once again congrats on your new role!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Less formal meet-ups through a "when I'll be passing through DOH" or "in Bangkok next week" Wiki might be a fun way of developing contacts among FTers, though there's always the danger that will be hijacked into a "guest me into a lounge" arena.
We do not need to worry about that as Qatar have done away with the whole guesting into the Lounge scenario......

And congratulations to Max aka msm2000uk for your new role.

As Qatar Airways is predominantly a transit airline...the wiki for QR privilege club could include a comparison with other OW programs....would be happy to contribute towards it by comparing my own journey to BA gold with what I would have got on QR Privilege Club, etc
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Sure, I am happy with it. Even a note that this post contains a WIKI.

I just checked the forum via chrome on my mobile phone and the WIKI will not be displayed even when requesting the desktop version. I did not try any other webbrowser so far.

Also, the WIKI sticker (the blue small picture) will not appear when using a mobile browser. I believe it has something to do with the theme used for the website.

I suggest to put the word WIKI in the thread title itself and not to rely on this blue sticker.
Thanks for checking and clarifying endet.

I'll try and arrange for some sort of mention regarding a WIKI within the first post.

Originally Posted by TPJ
Dear Ambassador,

First of all - CONGRATS!

IMHO the sticky that needs attention is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...d-lounges.html

The data there is very old and misleading:

Stockholm - Menzies - wrong - it is now even more mediocre Swedavia Lounge (upstairs after immigration)
Buenos Airlines - United Lounge - it was closed some 3-4 years ago when the connector between AR and non-AR terminals was built and Star Alliance opened its lounge there
Istanbul - BA Lounge - it was closed some 2 years ago etc. etc. etc.

With all due respect - why do we need this list at all, when there is a very nice (and fairly accurate, with the exception of SAW and CAI) lounge directory on QR website - http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

And once again congrats on your new role!
Thanks TPJ.

I agree the general lounge thread is out-dated, and it is on my list to be reviewed. It may well be that it loses its 'Sticky' status, and is instead replaced by a link within the WIKI regarding the lounges at HIA.

Originally Posted by d3vski
We do not need to worry about that as Qatar have done away with the whole guesting into the Lounge scenario......

And congratulations to Max aka msm2000uk for your new role.

As Qatar Airways is predominantly a transit airline...the wiki for QR privilege club could include a comparison with other OW programs....would be happy to contribute towards it by comparing my own journey to BA gold with what I would have got on QR Privilege Club, etc

Thanks d3vski!

In terms of a comparison to BAEC, that could be very interesting.

I would like there to be a centralised QRPC thread, and would certainly welcome yours, and indeed any QR FTer's, contribution towards it.

I will have a look through the forum tomorrow and request a number of threads to be merged, to create such a thread.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Right, update time.

The WIKIs have all been tidied up (mostly because I didn't know how to alter the hyperlinks before today).

A host of threads are being merged together today to keep the first couple of pages of the forum looking inviting - and not repetitive as it currently does.

A new STICKY is being created entitled 'QPoints and QMiles'. I would really like a few QRPC members to create a WIKI within that thread. Perhaps you could explain a bit more about QRPC, and the best uses of QMiles etc?

A new thread is being created entitled 'The Great Krug Thread'. If you want to post about Krug, please post within that thread - it irritates me the number of threads that I keep having to ask to be merged about the favoured drink of QR FTers!

More from me later.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Dec 2, 2015 at 7:17 am
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:32 am
Original Poster

So, a quick update from my side.

I'm currently in the process of creating a number of new WIKI's, and would love help from those on the Forum (once they are posted).

The new WIKI's will be:

Best Seats on the A380
Best Seats on the A350
Best Seats on the 787
Best Seats on the 777
Rants & Complaints - I hate QR. I'll never fly them again.

Open to suggestions and thoughts.

Safe travels all,

M
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
So, a quick update from my side.

I'm currently in the process of creating a number of new WIKI's, and would love help from those on the Forum (once they are posted).

The new WIKI's will be:

Best Seats on the A380
Best Seats on the A350
Best Seats on the 787
Best Seats on the 777
Rants & Complaints - I hate QR. I'll never fly them again.

Open to suggestions and thoughts.

Safe travels all,

M
Hi,

wouldn't this Best seats thread have the same purpose as the QR fleet sticky?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I think since you have stepped up msm2000uk the forum has become more organised and more questions are being answered quickly and people are also being referred to stickys/wikis where the answers can be found. There is also a lot more discussion/content flowing.

I think it could be beneficial to have a QR Forum Dashboard Sticky where all the links to the wikis could be found so when someone looks at the QR forum for the first time there is a thread that has links to all the threads with the most useful info and common Q&As (similar to the BA forum).
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GTR56
I think since you have stepped up msm2000uk the forum has become more organised and more questions are being answered quickly and people are also being referred to stickys/wikis where the answers can be found. There is also a lot more discussion/content flowing.

I think it could be beneficial to have a QR Forum Dashboard Sticky where all the links to the wikis could be found so when someone looks at the QR forum for the first time there is a thread that has links to all the threads with the most useful info and common Q&As (similar to the BA forum).
Thanks for your kind words GTR56

I agree about having a Dashboard, and it is something I have thought about. I want to do it, but it is pretty difficult to do -certainly it is above my IT skills!

I am going to spend a bit of time over the next month thinking about how the Dashboard would look, and then will talk to those who put the BA one together.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Best Seats on the A380
Best Seats on the A350
Best Seats on the 787
Best Seats on the 777
I agree about best seats, with answers for both Y and J seats (and why not F seats if it matters).
I would be happy to contribute for Y seats although all these promotions and bonus Qmiles offers allow me to fly more and more often in J
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:05 am
Original Poster

So, I'll be doing another tidy up shortly to merge a few threads which are too similar.

One regular topic which seems to have sprung up, is that of the CMB routing.

I'm aware there was a cheap routing to Colombo, which many seem to have jumped on.

As a result, I'll be setting up a To/From guide to aid those with bookings.

Ultimately this is YOUR forum, so any suggestions of new threads, WIKI'S or Guides you'd like to see?

Thanks all,

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.