Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Flights credited to incorrect FF account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights credited to incorrect FF account?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Flights credited to incorrect FF account?

I flew two flights with BA that I requested get credited to my Qatar FF account at check in (I provided by QR FF card only) - on my BP both showed my QR FF number only. Turns out both flights somehow ended up getting credited to my Qantas account - no idea why. I specifically told the lady at check-in to make sure they were credited to my QR FF account. Why is this so difficult to get right and what can I do to get the points in my QR account and removed from Qantas. Of course I threw out one of my boarding passes because I assumed it had been done correctly since like I said both BP's showed my QR account.

Last edited by Stylewars; Oct 13, 2015 at 12:53 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
So first thing, that surely you already know, never throw away your BPs until you see your points/miles credited.

Now, what you can try is ask Qantas to uncredit the flights from your account with them, and once you get that done with whatever confirmation you get of the uncrediting try to credit them to QR. I did this successfully with flights credited to BA, and it's a somewhat long shot, as it's up to Qantas to honor the request to uncredit the flights.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Stylewars
I flew two flights with BA that I requested get credited to my Qatar FF account at check in (I provided by QR FF card only) - on my BP both showed my QR FF number only. Turns out both flights somehow ended up getting credited to my Qantas account - no idea why.
Something doesn't add up. If you never give BA your QF number, how did BA know about it and credit the flights to such account?

The only reason (that I could think of) for this to happen is that you originally put your QF number (for lounge access, seat selection, etc) and then tried to change it to your QR number for accrual purposes. Is this what happened? If so I'd say it is an issue of FQTV vs. FQTS - the BA agent only changed one of the numbers.

Since the carrier is BA and the points are currently with QF, I suggest you check with people in QF forum. I'd say your chance is pretty close to zero but there could always be exception so you never know.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Something doesn't add up. If you never give BA your QF number, how did BA know about it and credit the flights to such account?

The only reason (that I could think of) for this to happen is that you originally put your QF number (for lounge access, seat selection, etc) and then tried to change it to your QR number for accrual purposes. Is this what happened? If so I'd say it is an issue of FQTV vs. FQTS - the BA agent only changed one of the numbers.

Since the carrier is BA and the points are currently with QF, I suggest you check with people in QF forum. I'd say your chance is pretty close to zero but there could always be exception so you never know.
Both FF numbers got added automatically to the booking by the travel agent at the start based on my travel profile. I am silver with both QF and QR and tried to change it on BA website to the QR number without success. My assumption was by specifically telling the check-in lady to remove QF and add my QR for flight credits that I had done what needed to be done - clearly she doesn't understand the system as much as some of you guys which is quite funny in a way I'll call Qantas and try to sort it out.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
My assumption was by specifically telling the check-in lady to remove QF and add my QR for flight credits that I had done what needed to be done - clearly she doesn't understand the system as much as some of you guys which is quite funny in a way I'll call Qantas and try to sort it out.
I'm curious - does anyone know whether check-in agents at the airport can see both FQTV and FQTS or just one of them?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Both FF numbers got added automatically to the booking by the travel agent at the start based on my travel profile. I am silver with both QF and QR and tried to change it on BA website to the QR number without success. My assumption was by specifically telling the check-in lady to remove QF and add my QR for flight credits that I had done what needed to be done - clearly she doesn't understand the system as much as some of you guys which is quite funny in a way I'll call Qantas and try to sort it out.
Worth a note for next time....

You can change your OneWorld FF number by using the MMB function on the Finnair website. I have successfully done this for flights booked on BA originally with my BAEC number (blue), so I can get seat selection etc with my QR membership.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HpW1981

You can change your OneWorld FF number by using the MMB function on the Finnair website. I have successfully done this for flights booked on BA originally with my BAEC number (blue), so I can get seat selection etc with my QR membership.
The stupid system is so confused it doesn't know what it has. On Qantas it is still showing me both FF numbers, on Finair it shows both numbers and when I try input the Qatar it says it is duplicated... Who knew this would be so hard !! Is there anything I can tell check-in to ensure the return flights I take on Saturday get credited to QR?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but this look more fitting than creating another.

I recently moved from the QR program to AY+ after the whole QR devaluation fiasco. However I had an existing reservation on AA with my QR number in it, BUD-LHR-ORD-DFW-GRU (BUD-LHR was BA operated but sold AA codeshare). Since it is almost impossible to change the FFP number on AA/BA interface these days, I changed my FFP number just before boarding my BUD-LHR flight and received my new boarding passes with an AY+ number on them. However after checking now it looks like BUD-LHR and LHR-ORD were credited to my QR account and ORD-DFW to my AY+ account (DFW-GRU is still pending).

What would be the best course of action for me to take to uncredit these miles and get them to my AY+ account?

Did anyone have any recent success with doing a similar thing with QR?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:26 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deleter
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but this look more fitting than creating another.

I recently moved from the QR program to AY+ after the whole QR devaluation fiasco. However I had an existing reservation on AA with my QR number in it, BUD-LHR-ORD-DFW-GRU (BUD-LHR was BA operated but sold AA codeshare). Since it is almost impossible to change the FFP number on AA/BA interface these days, I changed my FFP number just before boarding my BUD-LHR flight and received my new boarding passes with an AY+ number on them. However after checking now it looks like BUD-LHR and LHR-ORD were credited to my QR account and ORD-DFW to my AY+ account (DFW-GRU is still pending).

What would be the best course of action for me to take to uncredit these miles and get them to my AY+ account?

To request uncrediting would be risky and labour intensive.

Before you attempt that I suggest you try and attempt retro claiming miles on AY+ and send in pictures of your boarding passes with the AY+ number... you might get lucky
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by clubeurope
To request uncrediting would be risky and labour intensive.

Before you attempt that I suggest you try and attempt retro claiming miles on AY+ and send in pictures of your boarding passes with the AY+ number... you might get lucky
I think any action today with QRPC is risky and labour intensive

I'll probably try that, I was hoping for any recent experience (post-enhancements prefererbly) on how successful the endeavor can be these days...
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by deleter

I am in almost exactly the same situation, changed my FF number at OLCI for QR flights to my BAEC number which was shown on all four boarding passes but the flights still ended up being credited to QRPC. Emailed QR who have now come back to say that QR will credit to whatever the original FF number entered on the booking is :/. Have been told they can uncredit the flights but then it will be not QR's problem if I get BAEC credit for them which sounds risky.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I am in almost exactly the same situation, changed my FF number at OLCI for QR flights to my BAEC number which was shown on all four boarding passes but the flights still ended up being credited to QRPC. Emailed QR who have now come back to say that QR will credit to whatever the original FF number entered on the booking is :/. Have been told they can uncredit the flights but then it will be not QR's problem if I get BAEC credit for them which sounds risky.
Fair enough, in the spirit of recent "enhancements" Qatar Airways is forcing you to keep crediting to their now worthless Privilege Club program...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
FWIW this happened to me when trying to credit an SQ flight to AS, but SQ had credited to another FFP account originally in the booking. I retro claimed with AS and was given my miles, no questions asked. Note that my AS number was on the boarding pass, which I subsequently submitted for the request.

YMMV, but I would imagine it never hurts to try to retro-claim with BAEC and see what happens
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by clubeurope
FWIW this happened to me when trying to credit an SQ flight to AS, but SQ had credited to another FFP account originally in the booking. I retro claimed with AS and was given my miles, no questions asked. Note that my AS number was on the boarding pass, which I subsequently submitted for the request.

YMMV, but I would imagine it never hurts to try to retro-claim with BAEC and see what happens
I will give that a try, thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by HpW1981

Not as simple as you think

I used Finnair to add my QR ffp to a BA booking and BAEC was still in MMB so went over to RJ that seemed to do the trick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.