Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Please Advise on How to Use Lounge Passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager

I am a QR platinum card holder and have redeemed 3 lounge passes using my Qcredits which will be valid for about a year from now. On top of this, QR informed me that I have 5 complimentary lounge passes per year. As I travel on Business Class, I automatically have access to Al Mourjan. Does anyone know which lounge these passes allow the holder to use? What do I need to do to let someone use the pass? I wrote twice to QR but never received a direct answer. They only say I have to be present in person to allow someone into the lounge, that he/she must travel within 3 hours of my flight and that I shall be able to enjoy the company of this person in my lounge(???). All a bit confusing. Please help.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:17 pm

BlueEgg traveling in J lounge passes are useless. If you want to use lounge passes you must forego Al Mourjan and use your OWE status to gain access to First Class lounge. You may have one guest.
Then you could use your lounge passes for further guests. The lounge reception will do all the required to reduce the number of lounge passes available to you.

There are several conditions attached to guests.
They are not permitted in Al Mourjan
They must be departing on a OW flight within 3 hours of your departure.
You must accompany them in the lounge. They are your guests not QR's. Note IN not INTO!

If you consistently use Al Mourjan then lounge passes are a total waste.

I am no expert regarding lounge passes so I hope someone more knowlegable can confirm the facts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.