Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways adds Sydney from 1 March 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways adds Sydney from 1 March 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by djibouti
For those curious (as I was), QR opened the check-in desks at SYD about 3:45 before scheduled departure today.
Thanks for reporting back, good to know!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by djibouti
For those curious (as I was), QR opened the check-in desks at SYD about 3:45 before scheduled departure today.
Thanks for posting that! I was one of those curious, but since I didn't know I just arrived later to the airport than I wanted for my first QR909 experience. But very good to know they open pretty early!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:29 am

Incidentally, if anyone is on tonight's flight (QR 909), PM me and let's meet in the bar at some point (probably towards the second half of the flight as I'm bushed).
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by obduro
Thanks for reporting back, good to know!
Is there anyway to check in before 3:45 prior to the flight even in flying in F or J? I want to check out the lounges.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is there anyway to check in before 3:45 prior to the flight even in flying in F or J? I want to check out the lounges.
The lounges at SYD aren't amazing so wouldn't be aiming to spend hours there.

That being said I would assume no - 3.45 is just after the Singapore Airlines flight has closed and the QR agent who checked us in said they don't start checking people in until that has gone because the area around the check-in desks gets clogged. They are more strict with Y pax on the 3 hours rule, the queue was very long when we arrived and there was nobody queuing at the F/J desks.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:18 pm

That being said I would assume no - 3.45 is just after the Singapore Airlines flight has closed and the QR agent who checked us in said they don't start checking people in until that has gone because the area around the check-in desks gets clogged. They are more strict with Y pax on the 3 hours rule, the queue was very long when we arrived and there was nobody queuing at the F/J desks.
I wonder though even in F class people who went to get to the lounge early if they would allow check in pre 3:45. Is the signage still up there hypothetically to get in line and maybe get noticed by the same person at the desk?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador

I disagree The Qantas First Class Lounge is pretty great.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by sexten
Yea thats why I am trying to figure it out a way if its possible to check in earlier for the flight at maybe the Qantas First class check in could possibly do it? Technically check in is available before that online but its a matter of someone accepting the bags prior to 3:45 prior to check in.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by sexten
And that is what opinions are for.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:21 am

Yea thats why I am trying to figure it out a way if its possible to check in earlier for the flight at maybe the Qantas First class check in could possibly do it? Technically check in is available before that online but its a matter of someone accepting the bags prior to 3:45 prior to check in.
You have to check in at the QR desks so this isn't an option. Your best bet is to just go down to check-in earlier, the worst they can say is no and getting through security nearly 4 hours before takeoff is plenty of time to spend in any lounge.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:07 pm

What about if you are OW Sapphire? Does that give you the ability to check into the Qantas premium check in desks?
Old May 1, 2017, 1:02 pm

What about if you are OW Sapphire? Does that give you the ability to check into the Qantas premium check in desks?
ASUDan130 Unless there is a dedicated check-in for OWS and OWE then the following OW rule applies: "Access to priority Business Class check-in"
Old May 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

You have to check in at the QR desks - OW status pax have access to each other's lounges, not check in facilities, so you won't be able to use Qantas desks.

That being said, similar to some other QR outstations, there are 2 or 3 Business Class only desks, 1 First Class only desk and one OW/Business priority desk you will be able to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.