Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Doha-Dubai Shuttle - Fast Track Immigration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:29 pm
gms
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond

The webpage for the Doha-Dubai shuttle service states that one "special benefit" is "Fast Track Immigration at Hamad International Airport".

How does this work when arriving at DOH? Does this use the Business/First class arrival lounge immigration channel or some other channel?

Also, as a OneWorld Emerald, can I use the Business/First class immigration channel when arriving in Y?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:55 pm

On which flights is Business Class offered?

Usually, it's sold as First...
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
When I landed at DOH 2 days ago, I saw an empty, special, lane for the Dubai-Doha Shuttle.
I saw this in the "normal" area, next to all other arrivals. Seems to me that its only a fast track.

My guess is that immigration will take you very little time.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:40 pm

this shuttle lane exists and saved me last week, there must have been 500 people in line at the other passports area

after enduring Terminal 1 at DXB, this would have the final insult having to wait in line for an hour
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by gms
How does this work when arriving at DOH? Does this use the Business/First class arrival lounge immigration channel or some other channel?
There is a special lane to go through immigration, it's to the left of the hall as you come into Qatar. Same for getting out of the country into the terminal, but it's to the right of the hall. They will ask you to show them a valid boarding pass.

Originally Posted by gms
Also, as a OneWorld Emerald, can I use the Business/First class immigration channel when arriving in Y?
In my experience this never worked despite my many attempts, but YMMV. Maybe if the guy in charge that day is more lenient...
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:15 am
gms
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I will keep my eyes peeled for the special lanes on exit and arrival. I've come through Doha dozens of times, but just never noticed these.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 4:41 am
gms
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
On which flights is Business Class offered?

Usually, it's sold as First...
I was also a bit perplexed when I saw the Business prices shown on the website, since I have not seen a Y/J/F configuration on sale on this route.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Beware of Immigration at DXB. Last month, with a mid-afternoon flight, there was no Fast Track Immigration line open. All the lines were 30 + people deep and were not moving. It would have taken hours to get through, had I not made a stink for having the line closed and was directed through the special channel for wheelchairs, etc.

Going forward, I would not fly QR into DXB. Only AUH or, maybe, DWC.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:12 am

Terminal 1 at DXB is a dump compared to Terminal 3

however they did finally get e-gate up and running
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:17 pm
gms
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Beware of Immigration at DXB. Last month, with a mid-afternoon flight, there was no Fast Track Immigration line open.
So, assuming the Fast Track is open at DXB, are Economy passengers on the DOH-DXB shuttle also entitled to use that? Or just at DOH end (departing/arriving)?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:50 pm
gms
Original Poster

I thought I would share my actual experiences of Fast Track

Outbound: Checked-in online and printed my boarding pass. Hand luggage only so I went straight to the line for Fast Track. The guy at entrance waved me through. However at the next check they would not let me through. They said my boarding pass needed to say "Fast Track" on it. I pointed out it was clearly Doha to Dubai, but she was insistent that it needed to say "Fast Track". She said I could go to a check-in desk and get a new BP printed, or join the regular queue. I opted for the latter since it was quite short anyway.

Return: Found the Doha-Dubai Shuttle section, showed my BP stub and the queue monitor opened the barrier.

As much as I like Qatar Airways, particularly in their premium cabins, I do regularly find that their claim to be a 5-Star airline a bit far fetched. In my experience they can range from mediocre to 4.5 Star tops. Why they can't get seemingly simple parts of the customer experience right is beyond me. How difficult would it be for them to print "Fast Track" on all BPs for the Doha-Dubai shuttle for instance? Plenty of other airlines can manage this. On my outbound flight to Dubai they didn't even manage to serve anything to drink (not even water) to a number of rows of passengers (myself included) on a flight that was barely half full! Next time I think I will just go Fly Dubai - the Qatar premium price on this route just isn't worth it.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:31 am

Is the Dubai-Doha Fast Track Immigration lane in Doha available for all passengers?

I arrived this morning and they were filtering people away from the line based on nationality. GCC and European passports who arrived on the flight were ok to use the Fast Track lane, but Filipinos, Indians and others were being sent to the regular line. Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.