Wiki Posts
Search

Booking help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Booking help

Hello guys! Some help below would be appreciated:

I am trying to book a multi-city trip for the first week of november: Kuwait - Paris. Return Amsterdam Paris for two people on business class. When I try to do that combo, I get that business class is not available, and I get pricing for economy class.

However, when I try to book a return ticket via Paris, I do find availability in business class on the route that the booking system previously said was not available.

I hope what I said above made sense. If it did, can anyone advice why this may be happening?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:41 pm

Your return leg does seems a bit odd.

Is it only Amsterdam to Paris?

Or Amsterdam - Paris and then onwards to Kuwait?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Sorry not to clarify. What I am trying to book is this:

Outward flight: Kuwait - Paris
Inward Flight: Amsterdam - Kuwait

If I search for these individually, I find availability on business class. When I do a multi-city search, I get only economy class tickets.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Alfa_f
Sorry not to clarify. What I am trying to book is this:

Outward flight: Kuwait - Paris
Inward Flight: Amsterdam - Kuwait

If I search for these individually, I find availability on business class. When I do a multi-city search, I get only economy class tickets.
Now I see what you. the multi city search on QR website does not show any flights from AMS.

I have found flights on priceline and vayama.

If you do not want to book via an OTA you can either give QR a call or take the train between the two cities (apart from separate flights on KLM). You can then return from Paris.

The train journey is fast and quite reliable.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help! I will call Qatar Airways and see what can be done!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Alfa_f
Thanks for your help! I will call Qatar Airways and see what can be done!
If you do so, search on http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ for flights.

You cannot book there. But you would have flight numbers and scheduled time that you could try to spoon feed to the agent while on phone.

This might help them to find flights for you.

Edit: on the matrix website. Use the multi city search and click on the advanced routing codes link. this will show you an extra line for each flight. The line says "enter routing codes".

Add "QR+" in each line (should be two, one for outbound and one for inbound). This will show you flights via Qatar Airways only.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by endet
If you do so, search on http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ for flights.

You cannot book there. But you would have flight numbers and scheduled time that you could try to spoon feed to the agent while on phone.

This might help them to find flights for you.

Edit: on the matrix website. Use the multi city search and click on the advanced routing codes link. this will show you an extra line for each flight. The line says "enter routing codes".

Add "QR+" in each line (should be two, one for outbound and one for inbound). This will show you flights via Qatar Airways only.

I will check it out now. Thank you for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.