Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South Anerica --> Europe bookable in QR?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)

I am mostly interested in an award ticket GRU-LHR in J and F. Not bookable online. Is it an authorized route?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)

Sorry for all the Typos in the title : South America -Europe bookable on QR
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I know it's not bookable if you reverse the route (LHR-GRU) so I suppose you cannot book.

If you want to fly QR to mainland Europe on that routing, you would have to fly to Sofia or Bucharest I believe. From there you could connect with BA to LHR.

Alternatively fly via the USA with AA/BA if you want to maximise Tier Points and Avios.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
OP would like an award ticket, not to buy a ticket.
You should at least get it as 2 separate tickets : GRU-DOH + DOH-LHR. But that way won't maximize your Qmiles as it usually requires more Qmiles booking separate tickets than combining all your segments in the same tickets.
And flying via DOH between GRU and LHR is definitely not the shortest way. It should cost you less Qmiles to book GRU-LHR as a partner award on BA or AA. For partner awards, always call Privilege Club to check availability and book it instead of sending a query by email that would takes many days to be processed.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.