Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar mobile services are not good.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue
Qatar mobile services are not good.

I am a big fan of using my phone when travelling. Having a boarding pass in passbook and available with a swipe, or on my watch is way better than having a piece of paper handy.

Most of the larger airlines i've flown with have offered this, and many have well designed apps where you can do everything from booking, to checking in and selecting seats. Some even lets you manage your frequent flyer account. the SAS app is imho one of the best in the category.

But on qatar this is not a good experience. The app looks like it's just a wrapper for a mobile website, and the design is not very modern. Makes me think that it's made just because everyone else has an app, and then forgotten.

And the mobile boarding pass? It's a poorly formatted website, where they have taken all the text you'll see on a paper boarding pass, and put it all together with nothing to separate the info. and there is no way to download the pass locally, which means you need to have data turned on while abroad.

Their desktop website is good, which makes it even more strange that they have done such a bad job with the mobile part.

As an IX and UI designer, it hurts to watch.

Last edited by mckvakk; Aug 12, 2015 at 3:18 pm
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:18 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I agree their mobile app is not great, but it has good basic functionality.

However, I also do not think mobile BPs are a great idea. I do sometimes use them, but only if I cannot print my BP somewhere. I've been held up too many times by people trying to unlock their phone, find their BP, etc in the boarding queue on many airlines. A bit of paper does the job just fine for me

Don't get me started on people with Apple watches! What a joke piece of overpriced tat! I had to laugh as I saw someone recently using their newly acquired Apple Watch to get through the London Underground. Watch on left arm, scanner to the right. So the guy tries to turn around, twist his arm around and almost walk through the barrier backwards almost falling over! I wasn't the only one who found it amusing

Thankfully having popped into a couple of Apple stores I've been relieved to see that the Apple watch table is often deserted of potential customers. I'm sure some die hards will still be buying them, but not anywhere near the success of the iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.