Wiki Posts
Search

"Guest" on Priority Baggage Handling

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
"Guest" on Priority Baggage Handling

I have a QR Y flight this summer (MAD-DOH-KUL) for me and my wife. I am OWS but she has no tier status.

The reservation code is the same for both of us. The question is: Does anybody know if she will be getting priority baggage handling or will it only be granted to me?

Thank you very much FTers!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:16 pm

Wygun if your baggageblem. weighs less than 45 kgs. then it is all 'your' baggage so no problem.
If it is over 45 kgs oficially no but how do you differentiate between yours and hers? Travelling with my wife and granson all our baggage was marked priority.

(45 kg is QWS 15 kg plus QR economy 30 kg)

Note you will also be able to guest your wife in the Business Class lounge in Doha.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by remdk
Wygun if your baggageblem. weighs less than 45 kgs. then it is all 'your' baggage so no problem.
If it is over 45 kgs oficially no but how do you differentiate between yours and hers? Travelling with my wife and granson all our baggage was marked priority.

(45 kg is QWS 15 kg plus QR economy 30 kg)

Note you will also be able to guest your wife in the Business Class lounge in Doha.
Thank you very much for the quite useful information, remdk! I hope in KUL they are able to manage the priority baggage...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:38 am

Don't stress too much about it though. QR are pretty okay even with normal baggage.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:29 am

In the time you've spent checking this thread, you could have waited for her bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.